𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

Y/N POV

Me and Angel fell asleep in the early hours of the morning. I hadn't realized what time it was until Angel was practically nodding off on the bed. I felt bad for keeping him up so late, but he seemed genuinely excited to be seeing these new spells.

I had a fitful sleep, only dreaming about Alastor in his deer form. It transformed into a terrifying beast and bit me. I bolted up in bed. "Just like the first dream." I breathed hard to myself. I sat and steadied myself for a few minutes. Looking out the window, I realized it was almost sunrise.

Right when I was about to fall asleep, I started to feel the bed slightly shaking. I looked over at Angel. His back was turned to me, but I could tell he was crying in his sleep. He was reaching out for someone.

I decided it was better for me to wake him up than for him to continue his dream. I gently shook his shoulders and he flinched away from me. Almost falling off the bed again. I grabbed both of his left arms before he could do so. I looked at him in his sleep-weary eyes. "Are you okay?"

He looked at me and furrowed his brows, his eyes rimmed with tears. "No," he put his head in his hands. "I'm not." 

"Do you want to talk about it?"

He shook his head, looking at the mattress. I hugged him. I didn't hesitate for one second to do so. I held him tightly, but not saying that everything would be okay because sometimes it's not. "You are safe now. The dream can't hurt you anymore."

He pulled me closer and laid his head in the crook of my shoulder. I could feel him shaking as he cried. I had felt this same exact way when my parents had died. I just needed someone to hug me, and that someone, was Stella. God, I didn't realize how much I missed her until now. 

I held Angel tightly, rubbing his back. We stayed like that until almost 10 in the morning. I think he fell back asleep after crying for a few hours, and I didn't blame him. I got up to get ready and covered him up with the blanket. 

I walked into the bathroom and jumped in the shower. I sat there and let the water run down my face. I still wasn't exactly used to my new body, seeing as I kept scratching myself with my new hands. I looked at my reflection in the glass of the shower, wiping away the steam. My face still surprised me every time I looked at it. 

I got out of the shower and looked at the mirror. I could feel a headache blooming at my temples. Ena stood looking back at me in the mirror. "Our power is growing exponentially. Can you feel it? We need an outlet to take away the excess power."

"But I don't want Al to find me. Is there any other way to get rid of it?" I pleaded with Ena

"It's going to come out one way or another. It will be an easier situation if you control this oncoming outburst."

I held my head in my hands, looking away from the mirror. I headed to my closet, taking out some black leggings and a black hoodie. I grabbed a purple scarf to cover my face. I walked out of the bathroom to find Angel sitting on the bed. 

"Ang, let's get our mind off of everything. I need to release and practice some of my powers. Where should we go?" I started tying the scarf around the back of my head and pulled my hair under my hood. 

He looked up from the ground with a mischievous smile on his face. "I know a girl."

--------a few hours later--------

I had no idea where we were. I was just following Angel's lead. He led me to a dark alley behind a drug store. "Alrighty, this is where she said she would meet us."

"Who is she?" I heard someone drop to the ground behind me. 

"The name's Cherri." I turned around and found a girl with crazy blond hair. She had one red eye with a yellow x as the pupil. She held out a hand. "I'm n/n. Nice to meet you." I said as I took it.