𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏

Y/N POV

I woke up to the red sunlight on my eyelids. I felt Al's arms fell around my frame. I slowly smiled as I remembered last night. I spied my black feathers scattered around the mattress. A single white sheet covered both of us. 

I slowly turned towards his body to lay and look at him. His scarlet eyelids were gracefully closed. I silently laughed as I remembered back to last night when he had told me he didn't sleep. His face was calm and peaceful. 

I carefully pulled one of my arms from his and traced a finger over the scars on his chest. I assumed they were from past fights with other Overlords, but that didn't make them any better. If I knew who they were from, I would probably kill them for leaving the marks on his body. 

I looked back up at his face and saw that he had on a small, pleasant smile. I could tell he was starting to wake up. I reached my hand up and lightly rubbed his ears. His eyes opened, but they were still heavily lidded. 

I smiled as I felt his eyes on me. He didn't say anything, he just reached his hand towards my hair and started playing with it. "Good morning, my darling." His morning voice tempted me to continue where we had left off last night. The radio sound was more pronounced. 

I lightly giggled and tapped his nose, "I thought you told me that you don't sleep." 

"I usually don't, it's peculiar. I've only started to sleep again after meeting you."

"Good thing I calm you down." I laughed and sat up to get out of bed. I grabbed one of the blankets from the floor and wrapped it around my body. The cold air created goosebumps on my bare skin. 

Before I could react, I felt two arms wrap around my waist and pull me back into bed. "Hey!" I yelled as he hugged me to him. 

"Don't think you can get away that easily," He growled with a smile. He laid his head in the crook of my shoulder and started kissing my neck. The feeling of his lips sent shivers up my spine. 

"Al--" I gasped as he bit my neck. His lips paused for a second so I turned around to face him. Placing a finger on his lips I said, "You know I would love to continue," his smile widened at my words. "But I have some territory to destroy." I lifted my finger and his arms let go of my waist. 

I climbed out of the bed and walked over to the bathroom. Before closing the door, I peeked my head out and smiled at him. "I'll be out in a second." I turned on the shower, dropped the blanket, and hopped in. 

The hot water ran down in rivulets on my arms and legs. I raised my head and let the water run down my face. A blush spread across my face as I remembered what happened last night. Even though we are in Hell, it had been heavenly. 

While washing my hair I sang a small song. Singing while doing menial tasks had always been second nature to me. 

La vie en rose

Quand il me prend dans ses bras
Qu'il me parle tout bas
Je vois la vie en rose
Il me dit des mots d'amour
Des mots de tous les jours
Et ça m'fait quelque chose

I got out of the shower and walked to the closet. I pulled out my usual black halter top, for my wings. I wore blank pants that hugged my waist and slowly flared at the bottom. Pulling on my combat boots and black cloak, I walked over to the mirror. I tucked an Angel knife into the side of my boot, just in case I needed it. My hair was still slightly damp, so I put it in a braid that fell all the way down my back. 

Continuing to hum the song, I looked in the mirror. There was something in my eyes, a sparkle that had been dull before, but now was alive. I smiled as I admired my reflection, and turned to walk out the door.