🌸Interview(50): The Torch of Lagelu

Hey there people of the city of orange!

I am your host Lilly and today I have with me a sweet young man from the city of Green and White😏

I know you guys are wondering, 'what's up with Lilly and cities today?'🧐

Well. . .well. . .you just have to go check this young man's profile to be in line with me. . . his public reading list is so resourceful and the names he gave each of them is so thrilling, you'll feel like you are in some strange fantasy world!🥰

Before I blabber away our time, lemme introduce to you, the man of the hour. . .

(Drum rolls)🥁🥁🥁🥁

CreatorYah!

(Crowd goes wild!)

I mean, even his name is creative! You gotta check his profile out!💃🏽

Today, I'll be talking to him about one of his creation, 'Torch of Lagelu'. . .a book blended with an upscale African futuristic science fiction and fantasy.

So, Mr Creator🌚, what inspired you to create this piece?

CY: What inspired Torch of Lagelu'. . .🤔

Ultimately it was the 'EndSars' protest and the 'BlacklivesMatter' movement.

You can also say, 'Lagoon' by Nnedi Okorafor.

Li: That is so thoughtful.

These events happened in recent times but your story is set in the year 1212, that's in the past right?

CY: It's not set in 1212 AD. If you ask me, I would say that the Oduduwans are more advanced than us.

Lagelu is how I imagine African cities would have been without western civilization and colonialism.

Also, I have always wanted to write a book set in a secondary Fantasy world and 'Torch of Lagelu' is just the best option for me.

Li: Ooh now this makes more sense. The people of Lagelu seem ancient yet so modernized and their system of government is almost like the kingdoms of old, it's amazing.

CY: Thank you.

Li: You are welcome. Okay, let me venture off a bit from your story and talk about you. When did you decide to go into writing?