🌸Interview(7): Belle Stone

Seasons Greetings to you all!🌹

It's another day in my beautiful garden and today, I have the amazing NerminaOsmanovic, the author of "Belle Stone".

The first time, I came across the book. I was intrigued by the plot. I was like, "Why didn't I think of this awesome idea first?"😜
I was really intrigued by it and as you all know by now, I developed a thousand conspiracy theories😂😂

My readers are dying to know, what is this plot that intrigued evil Lilly so much? 😈

What's your story about?

Ner: Well, Belle Stone is about a girl born with a special ability, that she uses to kill people. But the twist, she doesn't even realise she is doing it or that she even has an ability.

Li: Does Belle remain ignorant of this ability of hers?

Ner: Oh no. When she finds out who she is, she embraces it and kind of starts killing people willingly and consciously.

Li: My kind of person😈
So what inspired you to create this story?

Ner: I was inspired by the book PARFUME by Patrick Suskind. I found the concept intriguing, so I gave it a spin of my own.

Li: Wow. I'd have to find that book 😈

Why did you title yours "Belle Stone" and not Body Mist or antiperspirant? Lol. Or even go for a more related word?

Sophie: Lilly, what does Body Mists and antiperspirants have to do with Belle Stone?🙄

Nothing actually. I just thought since the inspiration came from a book titled Parfume, which sounds a lot like 'Perfume' in French, hers could have been Body Mist or Roll on😂

Sophie: Not cool Lilly🙄

Spoilt sport😤

Ner: 😁 I didn't want to reveal anything about the story and I couldn't think of anything better than the main character's name.
Originally, it was called SHY.

Li: Oh, Shy might have worked too. Why did you change your mind?

Ner: With SHY as the title, I was going to make it a bit different.

Li: How different?

Ner: I wasn't going to have any names in it. But then it became so confusing that I had to start naming people.
The title SHY didn't seem to fit anymore, so I changed it to her own name. It worked better that way, I think.😁

Li: Well, I think it worked well too, because Belle isn't really a shy person to begin with.

You said something about not giving your characters names in the previous idea you had, when you still wanted to go with the title SHY.
I noticed that even in this new version, a lot of your characters don't have actual names.

Personally, I feel it worked fine with Belle's development, since she didn't really socialise with people. Technically she couldn't have known their names.