Chapter Five: Complete 180

Hey guys!

So initially...I wasn't going to update this book, because I don't know about you, but I was incredibly disappointed in season two. But, not only did I miss EJ and Megan's relationship, I am currently involved in a production of Beauty and the Beast, so I thought it would be good experience to draw from. So, I'm back. I'm sorry, if any of you were disappointed by my lack of updates. I probably should have said something about not continuing. But I'm back, so here we go! Season Two, here we come!

~~~

And that's exactly what I did. I sat down and told Aunt Cass everything that had happened the past several months. 

"Holy crap, kid. You weren't kidding when you said a lot's happened." I nodded, raising my eyebrows in an 'I told you so' kind of look. "And He'd felt th same way the whole time? He doesn't really seem like the 'pining in secret' type."

"Right?! I didn't think so either, which is why I never would've even thought he felt the same way, but...here we are." I said, leaning my chin on my knee, "But you really liked him?"

"Yeah, I really did. You can really tell that he adores you. Its pouring out of him like that Indian tea." I laughed, tucking loose hair behind my ears. She did too.

"You have no idea how glad I am that you're here," I said seriously, "I am losing my mind trying to come up with a follow-up song, and everything I've even tried to write is complete, hot garbage. I was hoping your extensive knowledge of music might be able to help me out."

"I don't know if touring around with the Black Eyed Peas when I was nineteen counts as 'extensive knowledge of music', but I'll do what I can." She said. I smiled brightly, and she smiled back. "You look really happy. It makes me wonder how none of us knew that you weren't."

I shrugged, shaking my head.

"I was really good at hiding it," I told her, "Plus, I never imagined in a million years that it would change, so I was just biding my time until graduation. But then this musical came along and it just....it drastically changed everything, and now I have no idea how I'm going to be able to leave next year. And as if that wasn't terrifying enough, EJ is leaving at the end of this year and...and I'm suddenly realizing that everything I've gained the past few months is going away just as quickly and I don't know if I'm ever going to be this happy again, and-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, kid, slow down. Why the complete 180? You were so excited and happy five seconds ago."

"Yeah, because I just remembered that up until now, graduating high school and getting out of here was all I had to look forward to!" I exclaimed. "But I only just discovered that everything that I have ever wanted has been here the entire time, and just when I've figured that out, I'm going to lose it all!" 

"Next year,  Meg," she pointed out, "You've still got a year and a half before you have to worry about that! Not to mention, if these people are really that important to you, they'll always be around. If I were you, I would just try to take my mind off of it, live in the moment."

"Yeah...yeah, maybe you're right." I blew out a breath, trying to calm the sudden feeling of dread creeping up inside of me. "Just live in the moment, live..."

"Right, like I'm here, you know. You get to spend a full three months with your favorite Aunt, who you haven't seen since you were like eight. And you know, its gonna be Christmas, soon. Who doesn't love Christmas? I mean, if it were up to me, we'd have Christmas all year 'round, you know? Reindeer and hot chocolate and snowflakes, and-"

"Wait, Cass...what didi you just say?" I asked. She furrowed her eyebrows at me. 

"Reindeer?" She asked. "Hot chocolate, snowflakes-"