Chapter Eleven: The Cast List

"Ok, first up today I have...EJ and Megan!" Miss Jenn announced. EJ and I shared a look before getting out of our seats to climb up onto the stage. 

"Good luck!" Claudia called.

"Oh, we say 'Break a Leg' in theater." EJ corrected. She nodded, settling back in her seat as I grabbed EJ's hand and pulled him up the stairs to the stage.

"Today, EJ and I have decided we're going to be auditioning with the song 'Love Is An Open Door' from Frozen." I announced, folding my hands in front of me.

"Alright, I can't wait to see it." Miss Jenn said with a smile. I glanced at EJ and we both took a deep breath together before I moved to sit in front of the piano and EJ stood behind it with his arms folded over the top. I looked up at him, getting into character as I began to play.

"Can I just say something crazy?"

"I love crazy." EJ said obnoxiously, propping his chin in his hand. I smiled, shrugging my shoulders in order to appear shy.

"All my life has been a series of doors in my face...but the suddenly I bump into you."

"I was thinking the same thing, 'cause like I've been searchin' my whole life to find my own place, " He moved around the piano, putting a hand over his eyes as he pretended to search, "And maybe its the party talkin, or the choclate fondue."

"But with you!"

"But with you, I found my place." EJ spun around, sitting beside me on the bench so that he was facing the stage behind me. In preperation for my line, he leaned back towards the keys and I leaned the other way.

"I see your face."

"And its nothing like, I've ever known, before."

Seb, who we had discussed our audition with previously, slid onto the bench and took over the playing as EJ stood up and grabbed my hands, dragging me away so that he was walking backwards towards center stage.

"Love is an open door!" I swung our hands out towards the audience, letting go of them as if our arms were a door. I stepped forward and EJ wrapped his arms around me, grabbing on of my hands. "Love is an open door!" EJ used his grip on my hand to spin me outwards, and I extended my hand out towards the other side. "Love is an open door-"

"With you." I sang as he spun me back so that I was standing in front of him.

"With you." EJ put his hands on my waist and leaned around so that he could look at me.

"With you." I moved so that we were standing side-by-side again, grabbing his hands in both of mine. 

"With you." He pulled me towards him so we were only inches apart.

"Love is an open door." As we held out our final note, we lifted the arms that were facing the audience, pointing them out towards them before letting go and turning so that our backs were facing each other, and we moved our other hands so that our fingers were intertwined.

"I mean its crazy." EJ whipped his head to the side so that his head was facing the audience.

"What?" I asked, doing the same thing.

"We finished each other's-"

"Sandwiches!" I exclaimed, waving my hands wildly out in front of me, causing Miss Jenn and the other's to laugh.

"That's what I was gonna say!"

"I've never met someone who think so much like me. Jinx!" We both whirled around, pointing a finger at each other. "Jinx again! Our mental synchronization, can have but one explanation."