Chapter Seven: All For One

The rest of the day, my mind was plagued. 

I stood by everything I said to Carlos obviously...but my mind was also stuck on what Zack said about me being cast as Kelsey

I auditioned for Kelsey, I chose Kelsey. Ms. Jenn even said that I could have pulled off Sharpay, but I chose Kelsi.

She said you looked like Sharpay. She also didn't disagree with your choice to play Kelsey. If she thought you had more potential, then shouldn't she have at least talked you into trying for a bigger role? 

She could probably tell I was nervous and introverted. Regardless of any of this, everything I love is at East High. My best friend, my boyfriend, my classmates...not to mention the fact that they would probably never forgive me even they knew I was thinking about this, much less if I actually did it.

I forced the thoughts out of my mind as I opened Ashlyn's front door, only to be greeted with arms thrown around my neck.

"If it isn't the love of my life?!"  Ashlyn exclaimed. I laughed, hugging her back.

"As much as I reciprocate the statement, I just saw you like a week ago." I pointed out, pulling back to look at her.

"So? A girl can't miss her best friend after a week of being apart?" She asked. "Are you saying you didn't miss me, Megan?" I smiled.

"and what kind of question is that?" I squished her into a side hug with my arms around her neck as we walked towards the stairs to head to her bedroom. When we got there, Kourtnee and Gina were already there. There was makeup and hair products spread all over Ashlyn's desk, and a hurricane of clothing options strewn across her bed. 

"Holy crap, Kourt. It looks like a department store threw up in here." I pointed out.

"I wanted to make sure we had options," She said, "But you don't have options, because I have been dreaming about your ensemble since I pieced it together, and you are going to like it no matter what you say." I saluted her.

"Yes, ma'am." She handed me a Tote bag full of clothing items and I took it into Ashlyn's closet to change.

"So Megan, are you still going to be in the show, now that you're assistant director?" Gina called from the bedroom.

"Are you kidding? She has to reprise her role for the sake of the EHTU." Ashlyn said. It went quiet and I poked my head out, giving her a confused look. "The East High Theatrical Universe? Like the MCU?" I smiled, rolling my eyes.

"I'm not sure," I finally answered, "I mean, its obviously a possibility but...we'll see how much I've got on my plate with all this music stuff."

"Speaking of which, your Christmas song is blowing up," Kourtnee called, "Which is impressive, considering you released it after Christmas."

"I mean, did you hear the song?" Ashlyn asked. "its Christmas all year round!" I smiled. 

"Just don't forget us little people when you're rich and famous." Gina said.

"I mean, no promises, but we'll see." I joked, instantly feeling guilty for having even considered what Zack said. I finished getting dressed, walking out of the closet to show off the outfit.

"Kourtnee...you've done it again!" Ashlyn exclaimed.

"That looks so cute on you!" Gina complimented.

"Megan? Thoughts?" Kourtnee asked hopefully.

"Are you kidding?! I love it!" I exclaimed. She smiled.

"Sit down, let me do your hair and makeup." She said. I walked over to Ashlyn's desk, plopping down in the chair.