Chapter 5

I'm on my way to home ec right now and I've got my last heating pack stuck to me. The downside of it is that it'll only last for 15 minutes more before it stops working and I'll have to find a way to survive with the pain till I get to Elijah and Rachel's penthouse. My day was going fairly painless till the middle of lunch time. Considering the fact that I hadn't eaten, I felt light headed and the severe stabbing pain returned. I know the smartest thing to do would be to eat some food, but if I do I know I'll throw up and I'm not having that. So I settled for a few sips of water.

"What's cookin' good lookin'?" I said with a grin as I sat down next to Mason who gave me an amused look.

"I know I'm good looking, can't say the same for you though." He smirked.

"It's cute that you think your opinion matters." I said with a playful pout as I pulled his cheek making him swat my hand away from his face. "You didn't answer my question though." I pointed out as I held my head up with my hands.

"I decided that we'll make a chocolate cake since you didn't reply to me last night." He said before pulling out a piece of paper.

"Lovely choice squidward." I grinned as I looked over the recipe trying to memorise as much as I could. He gave me a strange look before turning away from me and back to his phone.

"Alright class, get your ingredients from the back, if you need any extra things then you can ask the lunch ladies maybe they'll be kind enough to give you what you need. If not then tough luck." Mr Gonzalez announced making the whole class get up and rush to the back where the ingredients were.

"I manage to grab whatever we need before anyone even came to class." He said proudly before pulling out a basket of ingredients from under the table.

"Very clever. Now let's get started." I grinned before rushing over to the sink to wash my hands and grab an apron.

I rushed back over to our work station while Mason was tying the strings of his apron. He kept looking back to see if it was tied properly but it was physically impossible to do so. I bit back my laugh and picked up the weighing scale to measure the ingredients.

"Tie this for me." He grumbled as he stood directly in front of me.

"Hmmm I don't think I want to." I shrugged as I continued measuring the ingredients in separate bowls.

"Please." He grumbled as he glared at me.

"But you didn't mean it." I teased as he let out a loud huff before walking off to Stacy leaving me laughing at our desk.

He came back a couple seconds later with a scrunched up piece of paper in his hand which he threw in the trash and turned towards the piece of paper which had the instructions on it.

"I thought girls were supposed to have good handwriting." He grumbled as he tried reading the instructions I had rewritten since I may have accidentally got some egg whites on his paper.

"My brain thinks too fast for my hand to keep up." I shrugged. It's also very true. I can never keep up with my thoughts so I end up scribbling. "You can mix the wet ingredients while I mix the dry ingredients." I told him as I handed him a whisk and a large bowl.

Once I had mixed the mixed the ingredients properly, I turned to look at Mason who was doing quite a good job himself. I thought he'd splash it everywhere and get more on the counter than in the bowl.

He showed me the bowl to make sure it was mixed properly before adding a third of the dry ingredients to mix in with the wet mixture.

"I'll mix it, your arm will hurt." He said as he moved to take the bowl and whisk away from me.