Chapter 30

"Are you sure?" Kade asked for the fifth time as I groaned in frustration and threw a cushion at his head which he effortlessly dodged it.

"We don't want to leave you alone though, it's a Friday night!" Holly frowned as she sat next to me on the couch.

It's been an entire week since the accident and everyone has been extremely patient with me. Especially dad and my friends. Everyone's been spending a good chunk of their time at the house to make sure I'm not alone and that I have everything I need. However today is different because dad actually went to work today. He took the entire week off of work to solely focus on me and it's been a week too long. He needs surgery to keep him sane and I know for a fact he will lose his mind staying away from the OR. He was literally performing surgery on an orange. And by surgery I mean peeling it open for me. Don't ask.

Anyway, after a million and one promises made by me and my friends, dad hesitantly took the day away from me and went to work.

Now, fast forward to the situation we're in right now. Before the accident we all planned to go out for Noah's birthday since he would be all the way in Canada for Christmas with his family. We also decided to exchange Christmas presents early too so we wouldn't have to worry about them later on. However, because of my newly found fear of cars I can't go. Yes, I know I'm being ridiculous and need to grow up, but I can't help it. I haven't sat in the car once after coming home from the hospital and I don't plan to any time soon. It sounds very selfish of me but I just can't. Besides, I'll be holding everyone back with my broken leg, hands, and ribs, let's not forget the half shaven head of hair I have.

"I also promised dad I'd rest and not do anything too extreme, I'll just be holding you guys back." I told them as they gave me a hesitant look not wanting to leave me alone.

"We can stay here with you then, we don't want you staying home alone Ev." Max frowned as I face palmed myself before glaring at the lot of them.

"The second you guys walk out that door I'll be out like a light anyway, and I don't particularly want you guys to be staring at me while I sleep for fifty hours." I told them as they all communicated with their eyes before standing up from the couch.

"If you get bored, then promise that you'll call." Holly said sternly as I nodded my head and pushed her towards the rest.

"I promise, now go! You're ruining my me time." I joked as they rolled their eyes and walked out of the living room and out the front door.

Now, I am in no way tired. All I've been doing this last week is sleep and I never thought I'd ever love to see the day where I actually admit to being sick of sleeping, but todays the day. All I've done is sleep, and sleep, and more sleep.

Letting out a loud exaggerated sigh, I threw my head back on the couch and closed my eyes. While keeping my mind as relaxed as I could, I suddenly heard the front door open immediately making my eyes fly open. No ones supposed to be home for ages. Athena and the twins are visiting her parents for the weekend and no one else has told me they're coming over.

"Who is it?" I called as I sat up straight and tightly gripped one of my crutches. "I have a bat." I warned as the living room door suddenly opened immediately making me throw my crutch at whoever it was.

Throwing myself off the couch I hopped away from whoever it was as quick as I possibly could but was immediately stopped by an extremely familiar laugh. Turning around, I watched Mason give me an amused look as he picked up my crutch from the floor and walk over to me as I let out a loud sigh of relief.

"You could've told me it was you." I huffed as I sat back down and relaxed. "Wait, why are you here?" I asked in confusion. He should be out with everyone else.