Chapter 22

"462." I yelled from the back of the class at the exact same time Holly yelled "924." Making the two of us snap our heads to each other shooting the other a glare.

"Sorry Holly, you forgot to divide by 2." Avery, aka Mr Jackson, chuckled as I shot her a victorious smirk while she stuck her tongue out at me and sat back down.

Holly and I have always been the most competitive when it came to AP Calc. I'm not sure when it started, but it feels like it's been like this forever. There have literally been times where word has spread about our competitiveness, and have been put in two separate classes. That's never stopped us though. After every test we had we wouldn't tell each other or anyone else our scores till the other had gone and done the test. Same with homework. I guess the teachers gave up and decided to make us their entertainment, I'm not bothered though. As long as I get to prove her wrong. 

"You are evil Bambi." Mason chuckled from besides me as Avery began talking about god knows what.

"And why is that Gregory?" I grinned, my previous feeling of victory making no move to disappear.

"3847.12 ." Holly yelled as my jaw dropped to the floor as she winked at me and shot a high five to Mason who gladly returned it.

"You...you..." I said in disbelief finding no words to describe the betrayal I'm feeling at this very moment in time. "You're going to regret that Gregory. The number she said is the amount of minutes I'm ignoring you, see you in 2.67 days." I childishly huffed as he softly chuckled at me and rolled his eyes.

"I'll be looking forward to our nightly FaceTime Bambi." He whispered just as the bell rung.

I let out a purposely loud and exaggerated huff before packing away my notebook and pen and walked out of the class with Mia while shooting one last glare at both Holly and Mason who were very much finding this amusing considering they were laughing more than walking.

"Are we pretending to be mad?" Mia whispered from besides me.

"Yep. This is what we do to get free candy." I giggled as she rolled her eyes at me.

"Let's see if I can get pretend mad too." She joked as I burst out laughing just as an arm draped over my shoulders.

I let out a surprise squeal as I turned to see who it was just to find Ethan grinning at me.

"Ethan, I won't say it again." I sighed as I moved his arm off of me and stepped slightly away from him.

"Do you mind giving us a second?" He said to Mia completely ignoring what I just said.

"Don't tell her to leave Ethan." I said as I narrowed my eyes at him. "Can you leave us alone instead?" I rhetorically asked him as he rolled his eyes and gave Mia a pleading look for which my very innocent and kind best friend simply nodded and gave me a small smile before disappearing into the cafeteria.

The hallway was empty leaving the two of us standing a couple of feet away from the cafeteria doors.

"I wanted to talk to you in private." He said as I crossed my arms waiting for him to speak.

"Ethan I don't want to be rude but if you keep coming up to me and asking me out on dates while sending my friends away to ask questions you literally know the answers to, then I will be rude." I said as he rolled his eyes making me even angrier than before. How can you roll your eyes at me if you're the one that's being annoying?

"Can we go somewhere more private?" He said as I scoffed and moved to walked into the cafeteria but was stopped by a harsh grip on my arm stopping me from going anywhere. "I said let's go somewhere more private." He said slightly annoyed, confusing me even more.