Chapter 7

"Ethan I won't say it again." I huffed as I closed my locker before facing Ethan who was once again asking me out on a date. "I don't get why you're so persistent, you could do a lot better than me." I told him with a slight frown. I've never really been one to go out with guys or dare simply because of my brothers and dad. But even then I just haven't been interested or liked anyone enough to want to date them.

"Come on Lee, just one date." He pouted. "I won't bother you again if you go out with me this one time." He said hopefully.

"I'm sorry Ethan, but I can't lead you on like that. It's unfair." I told him with a sad smile before turning around and heading to the cafeteria.

Noah, Kade and Max have been at football practice all day today because of the big game, and Holly has been at cheerleading practice since the beginning of lunch. Just a little recap of this last week, my period finally finished and won't be returning for another three weeks. I was pain free for the last two days and couldn't be more grateful. Todays Friday and also the first football game of the season. Coach takes football practice extremely seriously considering most of the guys want to go pro.

Anyway, Mia went to find Mason to get some lunch money off of him since he skipped the first two lessons. Typical bad boy, but who am I to judge.

"There you are." I heard Mia's cheery voice call from the entrance of the cafeteria. "I've been waiting here for ages." She exaggerated with a wide smile making me laugh.

"Did you find Mason?" I asked her as the two of us made our way inside the cafeteria and straight to the line of people waiting for their food.

"Yep, and he's also joining us for lunch. If that's okay." She said nervously. I can confidently say that the two weeks Mia has hung out with us, she has become a lot more confident and a lot less shy. However she does have odd moments, like this one, where she gets nervous and hesitant. Not for long though.

"Mia you don't need to ask me or check with me. Of course he can sit with us." I said as I playfully nudged her shoulder with mine making her giggle.

"Oh and before I forget, my mum asked me to invite you guys for dinner at mine. She wants to meet the people that brought her extremely introverted daughter out of her shell." She laughed as she picked up a slice of pizza and a brownie.

"Really?! I can't wait. Text us the time and we'll be there." I grinned as I picked up two slices of pizza and three brownies. Don't judge me!

"She was really surprised when I told her about you guys since I'm so shy and nervous all the time." She chuckled as we made our way to our usual table in the middle of the cafeteria.

"Could've fooled me." I said sarcastically as she slapped my arm and took a seat opposite me.

I immediately pulled my phone out and snapped a picture of our food and send it to our group chat. While they're all busting their asses playing football and cheerleading, Mia and I are living the real life where pizza and brownies are a priority.

"Ooooo thanks." I suddenly heard a voice say from besides me.

Before I could even register what was happening, Mason Black grabbed a brownie off of my tray and shoved it into his mouth. He. Ate. My. Brownie.

My jaw dropped to the floor and my eyes were as wide as saucers ready fall out of my sockets. He did not just do that. I'm just having a nightmares. I'll wake up soon.

I squeezed my eyes shut and pinched myself before opening my eyes once again and looking at my plate. There's another one missing. He ate two. He didn't even eat one, he ate two.