Chapter 21

"No." Mason shrugged as I followed him through the house whining like a child.

"But why not?" I pouted as the twins and Mia giggled at us.

"Because you won't tell me why." He smirked as I rolled my eyes and grabbed his arm before pulling him up the stairs.

"Don't you dare try and eavesdrop or it won't end well." I warned from the top of the stairs as Max and Noah groaned in protest while the girls did each other's Halloween make up not paying us any attention.

I closed my room door behind me before grabbing my chair and pushing him in it while I sat on my bed in front of him.

"I can tell you anything?" I asked nervously as his expression went from playful to serious in a matter of seconds.

"Anything." He reassured as I nodded my head and squeezed my hands together trying to come up with the right words to tell him my dads a stalker.

"My dads a stalker." I blurted out as he shot me a confused look.

"Your dad? Ben? The surgeon? My moms friend? He's a stalker?" He said before bursting into a fit of laughter. I probably should've worded that better or elaborated.

"He's not my dad." I said as I bit my lip and stared at my carpet. His laughter died down and I could feel his gaze pinned on me, waiting for me to look up at him and explain.

"Ben, isn't my actual dad. He's my brother." I told him as I finally looked up at his face to find him shocked.

"I'm so confused." He mumbled as he waited for me to carry on.

"I won't bore you with the details, but my fathers been sending me letters and practically stalking me this last week. That's also why I went to see Elijah today, so we can get him." I briefly explained.

"I don't think so Bambi, you can't just drop this big ass bomb and expect me to play along with it." He said as he furrowed his eyebrows and gave me a worried look before grabbing my hands and stopping them from being squeezed together.

"I promise to tell you the full story, boring details and all, but right now I need your help for this to work. He's expecting me at Central Park tonight at 6." I explained as he gave me a sceptical look before nodding his head.

"Of course I'll help you Bambi, you just tell me what I need to do." He said softly as he pulled my head to his chest and wrapped his arms around me.

I inhaled him familiar relaxing scent, and nodded my head.

"Thanks Mason." I mumbled.

"Let's get ready shall we?" He smiled as we pulled away from the hug and made our way back down the stairs where everyone else was getting dressed in their costumes.

It's only 5:30 right now and I need to get going soon. Elijah and his team should already be there in their costumes in disguise to try and see if they can catch him there early. Mason is the only person he doesn't have the full biography of giving us the advantage.

I quickly unwrapped my wet hair from the old T-shirt and grabbed my diffuser to dry the rest of it. The amount of effort that goes into properly taking care of curly hair is actually underrated.

Once my hair was all dry, I straightened my hair and put on my jewelled tiara almost identical to the actual one before stepping into my costume. I don't remember it being with the costume but it must've been. All done I grinned to myself as I admired the costume in the mirror.

I picked up my purple purse matching the costume and shoved whatever I needed in there before rushing down the stairs to find everyone immediately snap their heads in my direction with their jaws dropped.