Chapter 59

"Dad I really don't want to." I sighed as I sat back in the chair at the dining table and crossed my arms.

"I know you don't, I don't think people choose to go to therapy sweetheart." He joked as I rolled my eyes. "Hayden went to one session just yesterday." He said quietly so the twins wouldn't hear him from the kitchen.

"How did he find it?" I asked. I didn't know dad sent him to therapy.

"She said he was silent for half the session and then she eventually got him to start talking. I don't think it was very hard considering they're both chatter boxes." He chuckled as I nodded. "She asked to see you too, she can't really tell me much on what Hayden said but since she wants to see I'd say it's a good idea for you to go." He said as he kissed the top of my head and picked up both our plates.

"Dad, I don't need to go. I'm perfectly fine and I don't even get nightmares anymore." I said, lying right through my teeth.

"Tell someone who believes you." He yelled from the kitchen as I groaned and watched as he came back with two slices of cake before winking and sitting back down. "Between you and me, we never saw this cake." He whispered as I nodded and grabbed a fork.

"Between you and me, I don't need therapy." I grinned as he rolled his eyes and pulled the plate away from me just as I was about to take a bite.

"Why don't we make a deal? You go to one therapy session, and if you absolutely hate it and feel like you don't need it at all, then that's that. But, if even one cell in your body says you should go then you go." He proposed as I bit my lip and eyes the cake in front of me.

"Fine." I agreed as I shook his hand and took the plate. How bad could it possibly be? I can just stay silent the entire time and that's that.

Great! You have an appointment in an hour." He grinned victoriously as my head immediately snapped in his direction.

"What? How? You... how did you know I'd agree?!" I asked in disbelief as he innocently shrugged his shoulders and happily took a bite.

"Ice creams melting." He said as he patted my head.

Narrowing my eyes at him, I angrily took a bite of the cake and my mood instantly disappeared. I don't know what drugs are in cake, but I'm addicted. There's just something about it, you know?

Soon enough, I was sat in the car on my way to my very first therapy session. I was contemplating whether or not if I should tell anyone. Anyone being my friends and Mason. I decided against it since I'll only be there for an hour and never go back.

It wasn't long till we arrived at the clinic and parked the car in the parking lot. It wasn't too far from the hospital, barely a five minute drive. I shoved my hands into my pockets and followed dad into the building. I could feel my hands getting clammy as I clenched them as tight as I could trying to get rid of the nerves. Why am I so nervous? Am I the only person that thinks therapists are designed to literally look deep into your soul? No thank you.

"Dr Holden with be with you soon." The receptionist smiled kindly as we took a seat in the waiting room.

"You promise me you'll give it a shot?" Dad asked as I bit my lip and hesitantly nodded my head. I mean, I can give it my version of a shot, right?

"Everly Carter?" I heard my name being called as I looked up to see the receptionist looking right at me.

Getting up from the chair, dad gave me shoulder a good squeeze soon followed by a reassuring smile. I followed the receptionist down the hallway till she stopped in front of a door that had 'Dr Holden' printed on it.