Chapter 3

I soared above the clouds, the sun now shining brightly over me.

I had been flying for hours now, but I didn't feel tired, just always empty.

However, I knew that even if I didn't feel tired, I would need to take a short rest.

I had trained, flying for hours till I past out, I didn't need that to happen.

In my field of view, I saw a small cargo ship beneath so I banked low.

I scanned from the top, slightly surprised to find no workers on the ship.

I landed in between two cargo's, letting my wings disappear.

I sat on the ground, thinking about my target, Kyouka.

She was only fourteen and yet she was forced to be an assassin. She was too young for that.

I almost scoffed at my own thoughts. 

Too young? I suffered since the age of five. 

It had been about half an hour, so I was getting ready to take off when I heard something.

The slight creak of a cargo opening followed by a small voice.

"Did you... come to rescue me?" The voice asked as I listened.

Suddenly, a loud scream echoed through the ship as I frowned.

I made my way through the cargo's following the soft muttering of voices.

As I stepped out of the shadows, I instantly sunk back, hands reaching my weapons as I looked at the scene before me.

Izumi Kyouka was standing on the ship with a gun raised at the back of a someone, a boy.

He had a black coat and his hair was also black, while he had side bangs, hanging in his face, that reached his chin which were white at the tips.

I recognised him, remembering the other files Moriai-san had sent me.

This was the famous Akutagawa Ryuunosuke. Known to have a very powerful ability called Rashoumon.

"Did you find yourself moved by being in the outside world, Kyouka?" He asked as he turned around to face Kyouka.

Kyouka ignored Akutagawa, "Let him go." She said as my eyes flicked over to the boy, slumped against the wall, who had blood staining his shirt.

Suddenly, Akutagawa moved, cutting the gun into two before grabbing onto Kyouka's slim neck, choking her.

I felt myself tense as I looked at the scene unfolding in front of me.

"Do you know what it's like to be at the nadir?" Akutagawa asked, fingers curling around tighter.

"There is only the mire, a foul stench, and self pity. At times, someone will look in from an opening far above, but no one notices you." Akutagawa carried on, glaring at the struggling girl.

"With every breath, your wretchedness burns your lungs. That's what's waiting for you out there, Kyouka. Demon Snow is slaughter made flesh. Yet you think you can live a normal life outside of the Port Mafia?" Akutagwa said, eyes narrowing.

I watched as Kyouka helplessly struggled as her face fell, a look of sadness crossing her face.

Suddenly, standing there, I could see myself in Kyouka.

She suffered in so many ways like me... I thought to myself.

She was forced to become something she didn't want to be. She wasn't given a choice and she doesn't know what it is truly like to live a normal life. I thought.