Chapter 28 (Dead Apple)

I opened my eyes, only to see nothing.

I frowned as I blinked, my eyes straining to see through the darkness.

However, it was pitch black as I blinked again.

Was I blind? I thought to myself as I shook my head.

Instead, I focused on what I could feel.

I was kneeling on a cool surface, perhaps the ground or even a table.

My wrists were chained. I pulled, however, I couldn't move them from where they were hanging above my head.

My wings had somehow seemed to have disappeared, and I couldn't summon them.

At least my feet were free. And my body seemed to be free of any injuries.

So did my doppelgänger heal me? I thought to myself, again.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of footsteps echoing.

I strained my ears, trying to hear where they were coming from.

The footsteps sounded faint and muffled, which meant I was most likely locked in a room and the person is walking from outside.

I listened carefully as the footsteps stopped as they were in front of me.

Through the darkness, I squinted.

Suddenly, light burst through the room as I winced, turning my head away from the sudden light.

"Ah, my patient awakes!" A familiar voice says making me snap my head back up.

My eyes strained against the sudden light as the blurry figure kneeled in front of me.

As the blurriness faded and my eyes adjusted, I snarled as Dr Tsukuda's smiling face appeared in front of me.

Dr Tsukuda grinned, "Well that isn't the way to address your doctor." He said as I glared at him.

He looked the same other than his wavy black hair which had grown out since last time, reaching just above his shoulders.

However, his blood red eyes still contained the same bloodlust since I had first met him.

"I've been looking for you." I said, anger seething out of me as Dr Tsukuda smiled.

"Yes, you've been quite annoying, y/n. Making me pack up my things and find a new place to stay. Many, many times." Dr Tsukuda said as he stood up.

I glared at Dr Tsukuda as he walked around me.

"How did you escape?" I asked as Dr Tsukuda grabbed my chin.

"I found someone else to work for." Dr Tsukuda said as I chuckled.

"Already throwing out Moriai-san like a memory." I said as Dr Tsukuda let go and stood up straight.

"It was you who killed, Moriai." Dr Tsukuda said, eyes filled with rage.

"I would still be working for Moriai if it weren't for you. However, I found someone stronger." Dr Tsukuda said as he suddenly started to laugh.

A chilled sense fell into my stomach as I stared at Dr Tsukuda who laughed like a maniac.

Dr Tsukuda may have looked exactly the same, but somehow he was different.

The bloodlust in his eyes was still there, but it felt like it had been multiplied a dozen times.

Dr Tsukuda finally stopped laughing and smiled at me.

DeathAngel [Akutagawa x Reader]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें