Chapter 32 (Dead Apple)

I woke up, lying against the fallen pillar as I gasped.

Everything came flooding back.

Moriai-san... was my father.

And I didn't refuse the truth.

I panted as I stumbled upright.

My wound was bleeding, but right now, it didn't matter as I saw the huge dome, which had been created my Akutagawa.

I leant my head back as I accessed my power.

I felt the familiar wings on my back as I slowly spread them open.

My wings gently flapped as I rose into the air.

I closed my eyes.

"Flames Between Heaven and Hell." I said as I felt flames burst out of my hands.

I flew towards the dome and flew towards the top.

I slammed my hands down on the top of the dome as my flames incinerated through.

I let my flames die as I made a hole large enough for me to fit through.

I shot through the hole, wrapping my wings around myself and snapped them back open.

Wind whipped around me, ruffling my feathers as I saw Atsushi-kun and Shibusawa in the middle of the dome, fighting.

"Stop." I said as they both looked up at me.

I sent a pillar of flames, separating the two of them as I dropped down into the ring of fire I created around Shibusawa.

"Y/n-chan?" Atsushi-kun called from the other side but my only eyes were on Shibusawa.

"You're not a killer, Atsushi-kun." I said, as I dug deeper into my power.

"I have blood on my hands." I explained as I stalked towards Shibusawa, flames erupting from my hands, dark and menacing.

I opened my eyes as I lifted my hand in front of me, flames bursting from my soul.

My flames danced around Shibusawa's feet, burning them.

Despite being burned, Shibusawa smiled slightly.

"I understand everything, now." Shibusawa muttered as my hands burnt darker, turning more deadly.

"Why I'm here." Shibusawa carried on. "Why you appeared before me, why you were so important to Fyodor."

Shibusawa smiled as his legs started turning to ash.

"I understand what his words mean..." My flames had burnt through his lower body as he gave me a small smile.

"You..." Shibusawa started as my flames crept higher, burning his arms and torso.

"You must be the angel who saves me." Shibusawa said, my flames reaching his neck.

I watched as Shibusawa closed his eyes, a peaceful look on his face as his horn, containing the red crystal, snapped.

Shibusawa's form disappeared as the skull, which Fyodor had been carrying around, appeared in front of me.

It had three claw marks over its right eye as I stared at Shibusawa's skull.

"Fyodor has corrupted you. I hope you find peace." I muttered as my flames engulfed the skull as it reduced to ash.

The dome around us disappeared as a bright light came from the ashes of the skull, as it shot into the sky.

I watched as it spread around, the red fog fading.

I hovered in the air as everything around me stilled.