Chapter 14

I was dressed in a fully black assassin suit.

It was much similar to the one I had when I was in Silent Winds.

I brushed away those memories, not wanting the terrible nightmares to resurface again.

It has been a week since the incident at Silent Winds, when I had killed Moriai-san.

Naomi-chan at the Agency had been keeping me company.

However, despite a week of being around people, I was still jumpy and had probably flipped around almost everyone by now. Twice. Which probably wasn't something to brag about.

At least, I had been making improvement. I talked more, but Naomi-chan did most the talking.

And Dazai-san. Who just talked about suicide.

But I smiled now, even made a few rare jokes.

And right now I was on the mission to rescue Q with Dazai-san.

I walked with Dazai-san through the canopy of leaves as we left the forest and walked onto a large field.

"So this is where Q is being kept." Dazai-san said as I looked towards the old, abandoned house.

Suddenly, lights flicked on from behind us.

"Good evening." A voice said as I turned around to see John and Lovecraft.

"Our strategist is adept at reading the enemy's actions." John said, smugly.

Dazai-san turned to face then, smiling.

"Of course, it's a trap." He said as I saw Lovecraft look up and spot something.

A large rock fell in front of us, making dust and debris fly up as Dazai-san and I just stayed still.

As the dust cleared slightly, I saw a figure walk out from the dust.

Nakahara Chuuya. Member of the Port Mafia as well as Dazai-san's former partner. One of the five Executives in the Port Mafia. Ability: Upon the Tainted Sorrow.

He was quite short, with grey eyes and orange hair. He wore a black hat as well as a long black coat.

Dazai-san had told me that we would have another person joining us, but I didn't quite expect someone so petite.

The soldiers started shooting at Chuuya-san but were slammed to the ground by Chuuya-san's ability.

"Once I'm done taking out the trash, you're next." Chuuya-san said, pointing at Dazai-san.

"I knew it." Dazai-san muttered. "This is why I wasn't feeling up for it today."

John clicked his tongue, irritation in his voice. "I never heard anything about this surprise attack in the strategic forecasts." He said.

I watched as John activated his ability but Dazai-san was already behind him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Sorry, you don't get to do that." Dazai-san said as John's gift was disabled.

"This seriously sucks." Dazai-san said, bored.

"That's my line!" Chuuya-san shouted as he kicked John, sending him flying.

Dazai-san turned to me.

"You can go look for Q first." Dazai-san said as I nodded, leaving the rest of them to the two older people.

I knew that could handle this well enough.

Dazai-san and Chuuya-san had their names going around Silent Winds for a bit.