Chapter 35

I flew faster towards the old building.

It all made sense now. 

I thought as I sped through the sky, wind rushing past me.

It was why Fyodor had taken me hostage during the Yokohama fog incident.

I remembered the words when I had asked why he needed me.

"Because you, my darling, you hold too much power and you need to die in order for my plans to work." Was what Fyodor had answered.

I thought that it was because I could kill Shibusawa but it didn't make much sense.

Before Shibusawa had died, he had told me. "I understand what his words mean... You must be the angel who saves me."

'His words'... which means he must be talking about Fyodor.

Which doesn't make sense, because if Fyodor had needed me so I would ensure Akutagawa wouldn't attack, why did he tell Shibusawa, I was the angel who saved him?

Because I held the power to heal both Mori-sensei and the President.

It all came together.

Fyodor didn't need me to die so Akutagawa and Kyouka-chan wouldn't attack Shibusawa, he needed me to die so I couldn't interfere with his future plans.

This plan.

As I saw the old building from above, I banked low and swooped down.

I landed at the front and ran to the door, bursting through.

It was like slow motion, watching as Mori-sensei threw a scalpel at the President, as it burrowed into the President neck.

"Boss!" I cried out as Mori-sensei turned to me, eyes widening.

"Fukuzawa." Mori-sensei said as he glared at the President who had fallen to the ground, blood leaking from his neck

"This was meant to be a one-on-one." He said as he started to throw a scalpel my way.

However, I was quick as I lunged forward, swiping the dagger at the scalpels.

I hit all of them, as they snapped.

Mori-sensei's eyes widened in shock as I held the dagger to his neck.

"The President didn't send me here. I used my knowledge to find both of you." I seethed out as Mori-sensei stood still.

I lowered my dagger and ran towards the President.

"Flames Between Heaven and Hell." I said as the soft silvery flames burst from my hands.

My flames... they were the only thing in which the cannibalising effect had a weakness towards.

My flames, it could slow down the effect because they were literal flames from between Heaven and Hell.

That's what Atsushi-kun had said Katai had said. 

Twelve years ago, the President and Mori-sensei had a fight at this exact spot and the Heaven and Hell, those were my flames.

I grabbed the scalpel in President's neck and slowly pulled it out.

He winced in pain but I held my hands over his neck as my flames spread along his body.

"What are you doing?" Mori-sensei asked as I concentrated.

My healing flames closed the wound on the President's neck.

Dig deeper. I thought as I furrowed my brows.

"My ability can help slow down the cannibalising effect." I explained as I saw Mori-sensei's eyes widen in shock.