Chapter 21

--3rd POV--

"Why?" Atsushi asked. "Why them?" He asked, eyes clenched closed.

Atsushi felt a shadow loom over him as he looked up just as Akutagawa slammed his fist into Atsushi's face.

Atsushi winced in pain. "What was that for?" He asked, looking at Akutagawa but paused.

In Akutagawa's eyes, there was something like pain glinting in the usual cold steel eyes.

"You told her to save Kyouka. And now she's dead." Akutagawa said as Atsushi gasped.

"It wasn't my fault!" Atsushi said, anger also taking over.

Akutagawa clicked his tongue. "It doesn't matter, she's dead anyway." Akutagawa said turning away.

Atsushi frowned at Akutagawa's unusual behaviour, then gasped as he realised but was happening.

"No way... You?" Atsushi asked as Akutagawa stayed silent.

Akutagawa opened his mouth to reply but before he could a voice broke through the silence.

"Help!" Someone cried out as Atsushi turned in shock.

They both stared at the ocean, eyes straining before widening in shock as they saw Kyouka.

Akutagawa leapt into a boat at the side.

"Hurry up, weretiger." He said as Atsushi also stepped into the boat.

Akutagawa turned the motor on, Rashoumon cutting through the chain as he drove the boat towards Kyouka.

"Where's y/n!" Akutagawa asked as Atsushi pulled Kyouka out from the water.

She coughed. "She's still down there. She's trapped at the bottom of the Moby Dick!" Kyouka exclaimed, coughing.

Akutagawa didn't spare a second as he leapt into the water.

Akutagawa used Rashoumon to pull himself to the bottom the Moby Dick.

Akutagawa ripped through the bottom of the Moby Dick, tearing through metal and wood as he swam into the ship.

Akutagawa's eyes widened in shock as his eyes fell onto the unconscious form of y/n.

He saw the wood piercing her wing as well as the large cut at her side as he grabbed her.

Rashoumon pulled them from the Moby Dick, grabbing onto the bottom of boat where Atsushi and Kyouka were, as Akutagawa broke through the surface with y/n in his arms.

"Onee-chan!" Kyouka cried out as Akutagawa lay the unresponsive y/n on the ground.

"Wake up." Akutagawa growled at the winged girl.

"You can't leave me now." He said as the three of them waited for any movement from the winged girl.

There was none as Kyouka had tears streaming down her face.

"Onee-chan." She whispered as she fell to her knees.

Akutagawa grit his teeth.

"Must I do this every time?" Akutagawa asked before leaning down and kissed y/n's cold lips.

Atsushi and Kyouka gasped as they watched Akutagawa kiss y/n.

As Akutagawa pulled back, he placed a hand on her cold cheek, forgetting all about Atsushi and Kyouka.

"Come back to me." He whispered.

--y/n POV--

"Come back to me." A familiar voice whispered as I gasped.