Chapter 8

I had roughly wrapped most of Akutagawa's wounds in bandages, as I pulled his arm back over shoulder.

"I wonder what Moriai-san and Dr Tsukuda would think of me right now." I muttered to myself as I dragged the unconscious body of Akutagawa around.

I almost scoffed at the thought. They would torture me and kill me for showing mercy to the enemy.

I shook off the thought and walked into a hotel.

I walked up to the reception, Akutagawa still leaning onto me.

"Hello, could I get a one night stay?" I asked as the receptionist gave Akutagawa a weird look.

"Oh don't worry." I said, trying to make my voice sound as cheerful.

"He's just drunk." I said as the receptionist nodded in understanding.

She handed me a key as I payed for the room, using the last of the money I had on me.

"There you go." She said as I gave her a small, awkward smile before walking to the elevator.

As I walked in and the doors closed, I dropped Akutagawa to the ground.

He collapsed onto the floor as I stared at the numbers indicating the floor.

I sighed, closing my eyes and leaned my head on the back of elevator.

Why am I doing this? I asked to myself.

I knew what would happen if Moriai-san ever found out.

The pain he would make me go through... it would seem like the past thirteen years of my life had been a walk through a park.

I felt a shiver run down my spine at the thought of Moriai-san.

I'm going have to go back soon. I thought, I can't hide from them forever.

Suddenly, the elevator door dinged open as I just grabbed onto Akutagawa's collar, dragging him across the floor.

I placed the key into the hole, opening the door with a click as I walked into the room.

I dragged Akutagawa across the room before hauling him onto the couch.

I sighed out as I left him, sprawled on the couch and walked out of the room, back into the elevator and down.

I stepped into the street, searching for potential targets.

I had no money on me right now so I had to steal.

I weaved around the crowd, bumping into some people as I slipped my hand into their pockets, grabbing wallets.

I searched for a store and bought some clothing and medicine as well as more bandages.

I payed for the things I needed with the stolen money as I walked back over to the hotel.

I opened the door and saw Akutagawa still lying face down on the couch.

I rolled my eyes ever so slightly as I walked over to the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror as I saw myself.

E/c eyes stared back at me, empty and hollow.

My hoodie was soaked with blood, making it look like a normal red hoodie as I discarded the former white clothing.

As I lifted my shirt over my head, I saw the bandages beneath were also soaked with blood as I undid the bandages.

I was met with an ugly sight of punctured flesh as I examined my wounds.

I sighed as I turned the water on, the bathroom starting to steam.

I stepped into the shower, letting the hot water warm my cold skin.

Blood was leaking out of the wounds as I tried to halt the bleeding, pressing a wet towel against my wounds.

I summoned my wings, cleaning the blood mattered onto the feathers as well.

After I washed off all the crusted blood on my skin I dried myself off, while throwing out the blood soaked towels.

I turned back to the mirror, looking at my reflection.

The wound on my shoulder looked the worst so I pulled out the disinfectant and poured it over.

The wound burned but I didn't feel the pain as I cleaned myself up, wrapping my injuries in fresh bandages.

I discarded all my blood soaked clothes and pulled out the new ones.

Black sweatpants, white shirt and this time a black hoodie.

Before I put the shirt and hoodie on, I cut small slits in the back of them, using the pocket knife I had bought from a convenience store.

I let my wings disappear for a moment as I pulled the shirt and hoodie over my head, careful not to accidentally undo one of the bandages.

I then let my wings grow out again as I felt them grow perfectly out of the slits I had created.

I walked out of the bathroom, feeling much cleaner than normal as I walked over to Akutagawa, disinfectants and bandages in hand.

Akutagawa was still unconscious as I just sighed and pulled him upright, into a sitting position.

His head forward as I took his long coat off.

His white shirt beneath was soaked with blood and I was glad I had bought shirt for him.

I took his shirt off, revealing the multiple stab wounds across his body.

I sighed as I grabbed the bottle of disinfectant, pouring it onto a cloth before wiping the blood off his muscled stomach.

As I poured some alcohol on his wound, I heard a hiss of pain as Akutagawa opened his eyes.

He looked around the room confused before his grey eyes fell onto me, his eyes widening in shock.

"You..." Akutagawa mumbled out as he looked at me in confusion, eyes flickering to my wings which were out.

I stared at him, waiting for him to recognise my wings, as a flash of anger crossed his face.

"You! What are you-" He started but I stopped him.

"Don't move." I said, pouring more alcohol on his wound making him hiss in pain again.

He opened his mouth but I interrupted him.

"Don't talk either, I preferred working in silence." I said, voice blank.

Akutagawa scowled but I could tell he was fighting to stay conscious.

He had lost a fair amount of blood.

"What are you doing?" He grit out, watching me tend to his wounds.

I stopped what I was doing and was silent. "Helping." I replied softly.

But as I looked back at Akutagawa, he had passed out again as I sighed.

I wrapped bandages around his stomach and torso, making sure to bind around tightly.

As I finished, I slung his arm around my neck as I hauled him to the bed.

I lay him down and left him as I turned back to the couch, blood soaking through the expensive furniture.

I walked to the pantry and pulled out a bottle of wine and popped it open.

I poured the wine over the couch, making it look like it was merely just alcohol and not blood.

I then walked over to the balcony, sliding the door open as I stood outside.

The wind ruffled the feathers on my wings as I took a deep breath.

I was glad the balcony was large as I sat down on the ground, leaning against the glass panel.

My eyes were growing heavier as I brought my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs.

I let my eyes close as I fell into the dark oblivion, the words repeating in my head.

Why help Akutagawa?