Chapter 26 (Dead Apple)

The lights flicked on as I sighed as I leant against the elevator door.

Blood was dripping from my stab wound and from a few other cuts.

"This emergency passage was made in case of a gifted attack." Akutagawa said, breaking the silence.

"The fog won't reach us here." Akutagawa muttered.

Atsushi-kun clenched his jaw as he turned to Akutagawa, "What is that fog?"

Akutagawa closed his eyes. "It's the dragon's breath."

"Dragon?" Atsushi-kun repeated as Akutagawa ignored him.

"Kyouka," Akutagawa started. "With neither of us having our abilities, you could kill me with your assassin skills." 

I tensed as I looked at Kyouka-chan.

"What's wrong?" Akutagawa asked as Kyouka-chan stayed silent.

"Didn't you have a score to settle with me?" He asked as Atsushi-kun grit his teeth, turning to Akutagawa.

"Kyouka-chan doesn't think anything of you anymore!" Atsushi-kun cried out.

Akutagawa scoffed. "Want to end this while we don't have our abilities?" Akutagawa asked softly.

"Shut up, both of you." I said making both boys turn to me.

"You guys are like dogs, yapping all the time." I said as Atsushi-kun blinked in shock while Akutagawa's gaze turned deadly.

I waved it off, wincing from the blood leaking out of my wounds. 

"You know how to get our abilities back, don't you?" I asked to Akutagawa as he kept glaring at me.

"Are you alright?" Kyouka-chan asked as she stared at the stab wound.

I shrugged, "Survived worse." I merely said as I offered a small smile which she returned.

"I know of a way." Akutagawa replied.

"What?!" Atsushi-kun exclaimed.

"Defeat the ability, and it'll returns to its owner." Akutagawa explained as I nodded.

"Are you that uninformed?" Akutagawa asked, looking at me.

"I had my theories." I simply said.

"What is your plan?" Atsushi-kun asked as Kyouka-chan passed me a roll of bandages.

"It's probably the same as ours." Kyouka-chan said as I gladly accepted the bandages.

"No..." Atsushi-kun said, a surprised look crossing his face.

"Shibusawa?" Atsushi-kun asked as Akutagawa closed his eyes again.

"I'm going to shred his organs and end his life." Akutagawa muttered casually before opening his eyes again.

"Is there any other way to save Yokohama?" Akutagawa asked as I muttered softly under my breath.

"If you two would stop bickering." I said as Kyouka-chan giggled lightly.

"Can you wrap this around my ribs?" I asked Kyouka-chan who nodded and grabbed the roll of bandages.

"We won't kill!" Atsushi-kun exclaimed. "That's not what the Detective Agency does." Atsushi-kun said, anger flaring.

Akutagawa scoffed. "That's laughable. You're quite something, weretiger."

Atsushi-kun clenched his jaws, "What?" He asked as I thanked Kyouka-chan after she finished wrapping the bandage.

"Kyouka understands what this job entails. She's former Port Mafia, after all. So does y/n since she was a Silent Winds Assassin." Akutagawa said making Atsushi-kun turn to both of us.