Chapter 24 (Dead Apple)

I opened my eyes and was standing in the middle of the room.

I looked around, assessing my surrounding as I frowned in confusion.

I was standing in a dark void.

I wandered around, "Where am I?" I muttered to myself.

"Y/n-chan." A voice that made my blood run cold, behind me said.

I whirled around as I stared into the face of Moriai-san.

He looked the same with his brown hair tied up in a man bun and his dark onyx eyes cold and unforgiving.

"Hello, y/n-chan." Moriai-san said again as I stared in shock.

"Moriai-san." I whispered as I swallowed down the lump in my throat.

"So, how did it feel?" Moriai-san asked as I froze, unable to do anything as he stalked closer to me.

"To kill me. Burn me to ash. The person who took you in and took care of you." Moriai-san whispered in my ear as my eyes stayed wide in shock.

"You made my life a living hell." I whispered as Moriai-san chuckled.

Suddenly, fog crept towards us, rising high as it confiscated Moriai-san from my view.

I tried to blink away the thickness of the fog as I heard Moriai-san's laugh echo around me.

"I trained you. Made you into who you are. If it weren't for me, you would be dead." Moriai-san's voice echoed around me as I stumbled back.

"No." I said as I tried to find Moriai-san in the thick fog.

Suddenly, I felt something grab my neck as I felt something else pierce my neck as I flinched away.

I stumbled back, ripping away from the grasp as I whirled around to see Moriai-san with the needle that always haunted me, blood dripping from the tip of the needle.

My blood ran cold as my stomach fell.

"Shall we go again?" Moriai-san asked, smirking.

My eyes widened further as Moriai-san murmured the words. "Internal Blood Corruption."

Sudden pain flooded my body as I screamed. 

It was so intense as it burned my blood all over again.

I fell to my knees, writhing in pain as Moriai-san laughed.

I writhed in pain, feeling the ever-so-familiar feel of my blood boiling, like my insides were being turned to shreds.

I screamed, clawing at my skin-

I jolted upright.

I was panting as I leapt to my feet. 

I stumbled around blindly as I tried to find something, anything.

I crashed into something as my hand rested against a table top. 

I breathed deeply, sweat running down my forehead as I panted.

My eyes scanned the room, eyes landing on the futon, table, chairs, sofa...

My heart slowed down as I realised i was back in my room, no Moriai-san.

I closed my eyes and tried controlling my breathing. 

In and out. 

In and out.