Chapter 11

I groaned as I opened my heavy eyelids, a bright light in my eye.

I winced as I tried to blink, eyes adjusting to the brightness.

"Ah, look who awakes." A voice says making me freeze.

I don't move as I see Moriai-san standing at the end of the room, arms crossed.

His brown hair was in his usual man bun and his black eyes were cold.

"Remember anything, y/n?" Moriai-san asked as I thought back.

I was sent on a mission to kill... Kyouka. But I hadn't. I helped Kyouka. And we were being chased by Silent Winds. I was shot. Kyouka escaped and I was... 

I remembered the fight. I had taken down a dozen assassins before the poison finally set in... immobilising me. Which meant that I was captured and now I'm back...

Horror flooded me as I looked around, back in the metal room.

"Did you really think you could escape Silent Winds?" Moriai-san asked.

I didn't reply, didn't even look at Moriai-san in the eyes as fear coursed through my body.

I heard him push off the wall as he walked closer to me.

I tensed as I struggled against the metal clamps over my arms and around my legs.

I tried activating my ability but there was nothing.

"If you're wondering why your ability isn't working, it's because Dr Tsukuda finally created a serum to nullify abilities." Moriai-san said as fear gripped my heart.

There was no way to escape.

"Speaking of Dr Tsukuda..." Moriai-san said just as a loud bang echoed through the room.

I watched as Dr Tsukuda walked into the room.

His wavy black hair was cut short and his blood red eyes perked up as he spotted me awake.

"Y/n!" He called out. "It's been too long, hasn't it!" Dr Tsukuda exclaimed as I stayed unresponsive.

Don't react. Don't feel. I told myself.

Dr Tsukuda laughed as he turned to Moriai-san.

"Well," Dr Tsukuda started, rubbing his hands together.

"We should get started." He exclaimed, happily bringing a tray into the room.

I looked at the small bottles of blood in the tray and felt the confusion settle in me.

"If you're wondering what these are, you should ask Moriai!" Dr Tsukuda said as he placed a bottle into an injector.

I turned to my boss. 

Moriai-san's face stayed neutral as he grabbed the needle from Dr Tsukuda, staring at the blood inside.

"During your time in Silent Winds, I believe you've never seen my ability." Moriai-san said.

I swallowed as I watched Moriai-san step closer to me.

"I think the best way for you to find out about my ability is to show you." Moriai-san said as he pressed the needle against my neck, injecting the blood inside.

I didn't flinch from the injection as Moriai-san stepped back.

He gave me a smile, chilling my insides. 

"Internal Blood Corruption." Moriai-san said.

Immediately, I felt the pain explode within me as it felt like I was being burned and frozen at the same time.

I screamed, the pain worse than anything I've ever experienced.

I thrashed against my bonds.

There was no exterior wounds, it was all happening inside as I screamed louder.

It felt like I was burning from the inside, every cell in my body being burned. But before they could be destroyed, it felt like ice settled over them, freezing everything.

And it was agonisingly painful.

Suddenly, the pain disappeared as Dr Tsukuda cackled, Moriai-san smiling with glee.

"My ability is Internal Blood Corruption." Moriai-san said as I panted in the metal chair.

"I can make someone feel extreme pain after they've been injected with my blood, however it only lasts for a few seconds."

My eyes widened in fear as I turned my gaze to the many vials of blood on the tray.

Moriai-san smiled at my reaction.

"I've taken a bit of blood every single day in my life." Moriai-san explained as fear gripped my heart.

That many vials...

Moriai-san passed the needle back to Dr Tsukuda who attacked the vial of blood back to the injector again.

I was trembling as Dr Tsukuda handed the needle back to Moriai-san.

"No." I rasped out, voice sore from screaming.

Dr Tsukuda's eyes widened in surprise at my refusal but Moriai-san just smiled.

"It's for the best, Y/n." Moriai-san said.

"Please no. Don't." I begged as Moriai-san walked closer to me, needle racing back to my neck.

"Please!" I cried out, trashing around. 

"Stop!" I shouted as I felt Moriai-san grip my throat, grip tight as he slid the needle back into the skin, injecting the blood.

"Internal Blood Corruption." Moriai-san said as I felt the pain again.

I screamed loudly. The pain seemed ten times worse than last time.

Moriai-san chuckled. "Every time you have more blood injected, the worse the pain becomes." Moriai-san said over my screaming.

It was pain like nothing I'd ever experienced.

I had thought Dr Tsukuda's treatment was bad. 

But compared to this, I would chose Dr Tsukuda's torture any day over this.

Shouting in pain, I felt like my insides were melting within me, turning to ash.

The pain ceased again as I was left panting.

"I'm doing this all for you." Moriai-san whispered as he smiled.

"Again."