Chapter 22

Kyouka-chan walked into the room, everyone popping the confetti poppers.

"Ready, and..." Ranpo-senpai started.

"Congratulations on joining the Agency, Kyouka-chan." Everyone said as Kyouka stared in shock.

"Cheers!" They said, clinking their glasses as I cracked my stiff neck.

"Oh, come on Yosano-san." I said as she kept the alcohol away from me.

"Just a sip." I said as Yosano-san scowled.

"No, you end up on the doorsteps of death, after coming back from drowning, close to passing out from blood loss. I am not letting you drink it. Plus, you're underage, you're only 17." Yosano-san said as I frowned.

"No, actually. I turned eighteen yesterday." I said making everyone in the room stop to stare at me.

"You turned eighteen and you didn't even tell me?" Naomi asked as I shrugged.

"It's not that important." I said as I turned back to Yosano-san.

"Can I please just try it?" I asked as Yosano-san scowled again.

"No, no alcohol until you've fully healed." Yosano-san said as I pouted.

"Fine." I said as Yosano-san smiled triumphantly.

"Kunikida!" Yosano-san said, as she stomped over to Kunikida who was scolding Atsushi-kun.

I watched as Yosano-san dragged Kunikida away from Atsushi-kun and Kyouka-chan.

"Drink with me!" Yosano-san said as I pouted.

However, I smiled as Kyouka-chan and Atsushi-kun walked over to me.

"Happy Birthday, y/n." They said as I smiled.

"Thanks." I said when the door creaked open.

I turned to see someone walk into the room.

They had dark auburn hair which covered their eyes.

And they had a raccoon on their shoulders.

I recognised the person. Edgar Allan Poe, former master architect of the Guild. Ability: Black Cat in the Rue Morgue.

I watched as Ranpo-senpai talked to Poe before walking away.

"Ranpo-kun!" Poe exclaimed, awkwardly standing in the nimble of the room.

I watched as Poe walked over to the corner and sat on a seat, hugging a book.

I walked over to him.

"Can I pet your raccoon?" I asked as Poe looked up at me.

"Huh?" He asked, titling his head to the side.

"Your raccoon." I said again, pointing to the raccoon sitting in his head.

"Can I pet it?" I asked again as Poe nodded cautiously.

I smiled as I offered my hand to the raccoon as it sniffed my fingers.

I smiled wider as the raccoon crawled up my arm, settling onto my shoulders.

"What's his name?" I asked as Poe stared at me.

"Karl." He replied as I giggled as Karl brushed his tail against the back of my neck.

I let Karl crawl along me, spreading one of my wings as it slid down my wing, falling onto Poe's lap.

"It was nice meeting you Karl." I said before turning to Poe.

"You too Poe." I said as Poe blinked at me in surprise.

I walked back to the group of friends as Naomi grabbed my hand.

"I made you a cake!" Naomi exclaimed as I stared at the cake.

I blinked. "This actually looks good." I said as Naomi smiled.

"I like to bake." She said as I smiled at Naomi.

"Thanks Naomi." I said as she smiled back at me.

--Timeskip--

After the celebration, I made my way to the roof of the building.

I marvelled at the dying sun, looking at the beautiful of colours.

I smiled.

"I hope we meet again, Akutagawa." I whispered into the winds as I spread my wings, shooting up into the sky.