Chapter 34

"Kyouka-chan should be coming soon." Atsushi-kun said as I opened my eyes.

I chuckled.

"Did you tell her?" I asked as Atsushi-kun shook his head.

"No we just said that Tanizaki was able to escape on time, with the help of someone." Atsushi-kun said as I yawned, stretching my limbs.

"Well, it would be a nice surprise present." I said as I waited in the truck container.

Minutes passed until there was a thud from above the truck.

I smiled as I pushed myself upright, wincing as I put some weight on my injured arm.

"I'll go get it." I said as the others nodded in agreement.

I breathed deeply as I opened the container door.

I watched as Kyouka-chan's eyes widened in surprise and shock as she saw me.

I offered her a small smile. "Hello Kyouka-chan." I said as Kyouka-chan kept staring at me.

She was frozen for a few more seconds until she leapt forward, hugging me.

I laughed as I wrapped my arms around her too, ignoring the brief flash of pain.

"Seems I bet you in saving Tanizaki." I said as Kyouka-chan sniffled.

"It was you who saved Tanizaki?" Kyouka-chan asked as I laughed and nodded.

Kyouka-chan continued to stare at me in shock before she hit me in the arm.

"Stupid, onee-chan." Kyouka-chan said as I laughed.

"You can't go and break into Port Mafia after a coma!" Kyouka-chan said as I laughed.

However, it turned into a wince as Kyouka-chan hit my right arm.

"Ow." I said as Kyouka-chan stopped, blinking.

I pulled down my coat, to show her my bandaged shoulder.

Her eyes flew open with horror.

"Onee-chan! I'm sorry!" Kyouka-chan started but I laughed, waving it off.

"It's really nothing. Just a scratch." I said as Kyouka-chan glared at me again.

"That's why you don't go to Port Mafia." She said as I laughed, rubbing her head.

"I already got a lecture from Yosano-san." I said as I hugged Kyouka-chan.

"Good to see you well, Kyouka-chan." I said as she sniffled again.

"We just received word not to fight the Port Mafia." Atsushi-kun said as we both turned to him.

"Those are the orders from our dying president." Atsushi-kun said as I sighed.

I pushed myself up as Kyouka-chan closed the door of the truck.

"It's true." I said as everyone looked at me.

"If we kill the Port Mafia Boss..." I said as I shook my head.

"There would be war and the fragile peace we have will be broken." I said as everyone had a hard look on their faces.

"Maybe we should look for a way to capture the gifted who controls the virus." Atsushi-kun offered but I sighed again.

"We've already tried that." I stated. "It failed."

"And with Fyodor behind all of this, there's no way we could find the gifted in time." I added.

"The enemy is as crafty as can be." Rampo-san said as we all turned to him.