Chapter 33

Beep. Beep. Beep.

My eyes fluttered open but I closed them again as the sun blinded me.

I winced as I turned away, closing my eyes.

I breathed deeply, listening to the sound of the steady beeping.

I sighed as I opened my eyes again.

What had happened? I thought to myself as I tried to remember.

I remember... Nothing.

I sighed as I tried to think back harder.

Fog. Abilities. Apples. 

I frowned as I dug deeper.

Shibusawa... The gems... 

Fyodor.

I bolted upright as it all came running back.

I had died. I thought as the steady beeping, fastened.

"Y/n!" Someone said as I felt something grab onto my shoulder.

I reacted on instinct, leaping out of the bed and flipped the person over.

My heart was beating fast as I blinked away my shock and stared at Rampo-san, who lay on the ground, dazed.

"Rampo-san!" I cried out in shock as I knelt down beside him.

"I'm sorry. Are you hurt?" I asked as Rampo-san pushed himself up, rubbing the back of his head.

"It's been a month and the first thing you do is judo flip me?" Rampo-san asked as I winced.

"I'm sorry Rampo-san..." I started but paused.

"Did you just say a month?" I asked as shock flooded through me.

Rampo-san winced in pain as he pushed himself up.

"A lot of things has happened since your small coma." Rampo-san said as I frowned in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I saw Rampo-san nod towards the other end of the room.

I gasped as I saw the President, lying on a hospital bed, a growing mark floating above him.

"Boss?" I asked as I rushed over to him, yanking against the stickers and needle on my body.

"What happened?" I asked as Rampo-san sighed, shaking his head.

"A lot." He said as I stared at Rampo-san in confusion.

He sighed as he sat down on the stool next to the bed.

"Everything was fine after you almost died. Since I don't have a real ability I returned back in the Agency office." Rampo-san said.

"Yosano saved you before you could've died but you fell into a mini coma." Rampo-san explained.

He sighed. "As for now... Fukuzawa-sensei and Mori-sensei, Port Mafia Boss, have both been injured with a poison. It has a cannibalising ability." Rampo-san said as I frowned in confusion.

"Basically it eats the hosts bodies." Rampo-san said as my eyes widened in shock.

"How do we save Boss?" I asked as Rampo-san sighed.

"The Port Mafia want to attack, but Tanizaki is with them. If one of the hosts dies, the ability immediately stops." Rampo-san explained further.

"Tanizaki... is with the Mafia?" I asked as Rampo-san nodded.

"We made a bargain, that we would find the owner of the ability and nullify the ability." Rampo-san said as I clenched my teeth.

I reached for the IV needle in my arm and yanked it out.