Chapter 7

I woke up to a loud sound of a boat.

Bolting upright, I tried leaping up onto my feet, but found myself chained to the ground.

I paused, looking around as I frowned.

I was in a ship, surrounded by large wooden boxes.

I was still in my clothes which I had bought, but my white hoodie was now stained red with blood.

Only then did I realise my body was still throbbing with pain.

I tugged on the chains around my wrist, able to lift my shirt up to see my stomach wrapped in bandages.

I could also feel the bandages wrapped around my shoulder.

So whoever caught me doesn't want me to die yet. I thought to myself.

I was about to summon my wings to cut through the metal chains but the sound of footsteps stopped me.

I paused as two people came walking to my direction.

As they turned the corner I looked at the people who had walked in.

One of them was a male and he was tall and had glasses on. He was wearing a brown coat and had grey hair.

"Guild Operative. Nathaniel H." I said, looking up at him.

His eyebrows flicked up in surprise as I stared at him.

"Ability: The Scarlet Letter." I finished as I turned to the female.

She held an umbrella in her hand and was wearing a very large dress.

"Guild Apprentice, Margaret M." I said, surveying her. "Ability: Gone with the Wind." 

Margaret glared at me, "L/n Y/n?" She said as I showed no reaction, a blank look on my face.

A look of agitation crossed Margaret's face as she scoffed and turned back to Nathaniel.

"Do we really need her." She asked as Nathaniel held up a hand to silence her.

"Silent Winds Assassin." Nathaniel said as I turned my gaze back to him.

"Do you know why you are here?" He asked as he stared down at me.

I stayed silent before answering quietly. "You want me to join Guild." I said as Margaret scoffed, rolling her eyes.

Nathaniel narrowed his eyes at Margaret before turning to me.

"Yes. We offer you a chance of joining Guild." Nathaniel repeated as I stared blankly.

"And if I refuse?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"We kill you." Margaret said like we were discussing the weather.

I nodded. They were both quiet as I stayed silent, contemplating my choice.

"I w-" I started but was cut off as a man came running down the stairs and around the ship.

"Excuse me." The man said as he surveyed us.

Nathaniel and Margaret turned a glare towards the man who had interrupted me as he started sweating from nervousness.

"T-this letter was found in the cargo." The man said as he passed the letter to Nathaniel, trembling.

"Dear Sir and Madam..." Nathaniel started reading.

"I hope this letter finds you in the best of health. I write regarding the recent military conflict. While it may sound presumptuous, I inform you of the Guild assets we will next obliterate..." Nathaniel read, turning the page.