Chapter 16

"Did she pass the entrance exam?" Naomi-chan asked as I turned my head.

"Entrance exam?" I asked as Naomi-chan nodded his head.

"If you want to join the Agency, you have to prove your loyalty to the Agency." Naomi-chan explained.

Dazai-san nodded. "She's proved her worth enough. Ready to defend all of us, she even healed Chuuya." Dazai-san said as Naomi-chan looked at me.

"You can heal?" She asked as I nodded.

Suddenly, someone walked into the room as I recognised them immediately.

He had long silver hair, and metallic blue eyes. He wore a green yukata under a black haori.

It was the Silver Wolf. Fukuzawa Yukichi, the president of the Armed Detective Agency.

The President turned to me as he examined me, up and down.

I stood still, waiting to see what he would say as he sighed.

"Everyone, welcome the newest member of the Agency." The President said as I felt the corner of my lips tug up.

"Dazai." The President said as Naomi-chan wrapped her arms around me, squealing in delight.

"Rampo is looking for you." He said as Dazai-san stood up and sighed.

"Again?" Dazai-san complained as he and the President both let the room.

"Welcome to the Agency, y/n!" Naomi-chan exclaimed as I awkwardly tried to pry her arms off me.

Despise it, I couldn't help but smile.

--Timeskip--

"Kyouka-chan isn't a member of the Agency?" Atsushi-kun asked as I frowned.

"She's not yet, to be exact." Tanizaki explained as he drove the car.

"There's an entrance examination you need to take in order to become a detective." Tanizaki explained as I remembered what Naomi-chan had told me.

"If you want to join the Agency, you have to prove your loyalty to the Agency." She had said.

"Unless you pass the test, you aren't officially accepted as an employee." Tanizaki said.

"Remember there was one for you, too?" Tanizaki said, glancing at Atsushi-kun, who nodded.

"The entrance exam involves observing the applicant's behaviours to determine whether they're suitable for the agency." Tanizaki explained further.

"It's a secret test." Tanizaki said, eyes on the road.

I was lost deep in thought.

For Kyouka it will be hard. It was her nature to attack, so was mine. 

I don't even know how I had passed the test, Dazai-san had only said something about sympathy to Q or something.

"Okay, we're here." Tanizaki said as he pulled the car to a stop.

"The library?" Atsushi-kun asked as I frowned. 

We walked into the library as Tanizaki walked to an aisle and walked up to a man.

"I'm Tanizaki of the Armed Detective Agency." He said as I observed the library.

The man nodded, "We've been waiting for you." 

I realised the shelves weren't in line just as the man pushed a book into an empty spot on the shelf, opening a hidden door.

Tanizaki walked into the hidden passageway as Atsushi-kun and I followed.