Chapter 1: Growing up with Tom Riddle

Most people think that Tom Riddle, aka Lord Voldermort, has no heart simply because he is considered the most evil man in the wizarding world. But that could not be further from the truth, especially when it comes to his family; his son, Severus, and his grand-daughter, Lilith. He is quite protective and would do anything to keep them happy.

As he apparates into the living room of Riddle Manor, a small patter of feet can be heard down the hall, accompanied by a child's laughter.

A two-year old Lilith runs into the room with her arms up and hugs Tom's legs as she yells, "Grandpa!".

He laughs and lifts her in his arms. "Hello princess. I've missed you".

"I missed you more grandpa" she replies as she hugs his neck.

"Well, isn't this a lovely sight to behold".

Turning around, Tom sees Severus standing there, smiling at them lovingly.

"Got a problem with me holding my grand-daughter, Severus?"

"Not at all father, just always love seeing my little family together. Plus she's been asking where you are all day".

Lilith giggles at her dad, "Hi daddy! Look, grandpa's back".

"Hi baby. Yes I see that. Why don't you go to your room and show grandpa the drawing you made him earlier?".

"Ok daddy". 

Climbing down from her grandfather's arms, Lilith runs off down the hall, giggling to herself. Severus walks up to Tom and gestures for them to sit on the couch in front of the fire.

"So how did it go?", he questioned his father.

Tom sighs, "Unfortunately, son, I was unable to find any information. Everyone I came across and spoke to either knew nothing or refused to tell me anything. I'm sorry Severus. I know this was important to you".

"It's alright father, really. I personally don't care what happened to her, but I figured that maybe, in the future, Lil would want to know what happened to her mother; or anything about her at all. What am I supposed to tell her?".

"Look, it's not like her life is terrible without her mother. She's been more than happy with just her father and grandfather and I'm sure that's never going to change. Maybe when she's a little older and able to fully understand it, we'll sit her down together and tell her".

"I guess that makes sense. Thank you father".

As Tom gives Severus a hug, Lilith runs back into the living room, waving the drawing in her hand. Running in front of Tom, she puts out her hand and gives him the drawing, giggling.

Tom smiles at the drawing and kisses her forehead. "It's beautiful, sweetheart".

"Thank you grandpa", she points at the drawing. "Look it's me, you and daddy all holding hands together. Do you like it?".

"I do, princess. I love it".

He lifts her up and places her in his lap. She wraps her arms around his torso, laughing up at her grandfather. Severus smiles widely at the sight of his father and daughter being happy together. Maybe Tom is right. This is all Lilith needs to be happy.