Chapter 35: Before Second Year Starts

Lilith is sitting in the library of the Riddle Manor. Today, Lucius was taking her and Draco to Diagon Alley to get the books they need for their second year at Hogwarts. They had just received their letters a couple days prior, with the list of books:  

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk

Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart

Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

When they opened the letter, they were very confused at the amount of books they needed by this guy called Lockhart, someone neither Lilith nor Draco ever really heard of before. 

When they asked their parents, they told them he was someone they went to Hogwarts with and was completely full of himself, even back then. Why they had to get his books they had no idea, but Severus told them he was probably the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, which the two were not happy to hear.

Lucius should be coming any minute now, Lilith just continuing to read her book on metamorphmagus', which she found and decided to pick up. It was definitely an interesting read. She heard the door to the library open, and turning her head she saw her father.

She smiles at him, "Hi daddy".

"Hi baby. Lucius and Draco are waiting for you downstairs". 

She nods and stands, taking the book with her.

She hands the book to Severus, "Can you please put this in my room?".

Severus nods, "Sure, sweetheart". He looks at the cover and smiles, "You interested in learning about metamorphmagus', Lil?".

"I just found it, but it is interesting to read about. I shouldn't keep Draco waiting".

He nods and starts heading to her room to drop off the book. Lilith starts heading downstairs to the living, where she assumes Draco and Lucius are waiting. This was confirmed when she heard Lucius and Tom talking. Peeking her head into the doorway, she sees the two adults standing near the fireplace, talking, and Draco sitting on the couch, waiting for her.

She quietly walks into the room, the adults too entranced in their conversation to notice her there. She sneaks behind the couch, directly where Draco was sitting. She reaches for the back of his neck and conjures a feather from a nearby pen she found on the floor. She reaches the feather on his neck, making him jump and scream.

"Ahhhhh!".

He jumps up from the couch, holding the back of his neck, "What the...?".

He turns around to see Lilith leaning over the couch, laughing hysterically, holding a feather. He smiles and starts to laugh with her.

"Merlin, Lia! What was that for you jerk?".

She continues laughing, "I don't know. Just cause".

Lucius and Tom are standing there, watching the two have fun together. Tom was feeling proud at the fact that she was able to sneak by them without them noticing.

Lucius smiles and shakes his head, "Alright, you two. Time to go".