Chapter 42: Professor Lockhart

It was now time for Defense Against the Dark Arts. Walking into the classroom, Lilith is taken aback by the amount of portraits in the room. She immediately recognised who it was and assumed it was their new Professor. This was confirmed when the office door opened and they walked out. She sighed and sat next to Pansy, Draco sitting with Blaise. 

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher...me! Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-times winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming-Smile Award- but I don't talk about that".

He flashes his famous smile, making most of the girls in the room swoon. Lilith and Pansy roll their eyes and scoff to themselves.  

He continues, "I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at him. Huh, huh, huh...hee, hee...Now- be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind. You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream. It might...provoke them!".  

He goes to the desk and lifts a cloth to reveal a cage of what looks to be some kind of fairy or pixies.

Seamus speaks up, "Cornish Pixies?".

Professor Lockhart nods, "Freshly caught Cornish Pixies!".

Lilith whispers to herself, "That's what daddy was whining about".

Seamus starts laughing, as if not believing what he was seeing.

Professor Lockhart smiles, "Laugh all you want Mr. Finnigan, but pixies can be devilish tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them, ha!".

He suddenly opens the cage, releasing the pixies to start flying around the room.  

The students start screaming and running away from the pixies.

"Come on now- round them up, round them up, they're only pixies!".

Lilith starts swatting the pixies away with her wand as they try to grab her hair. Unfortunately, Neville was not so lucky as some of the pixies grab his robe and lift him off the ground onto the hanging chandelier.

He screams, "Ahh! Get me down!".

The pixies start laughing, "Hee, hee, hee!".

"Yeeee-haw!".

"Wheee!".  

Professor Lockhart was just watching this all go down, not at all helping.

He gets out his wand and starts to cast a spell, "Peskipiksi pest-".

Lilith interrupts him, "Immobulus!".

All the pixies suddenly stop in their place, looking confused. All the students start coming out from under their desk and look towards Lilith thankfully.

Professor Lockhart laughs nervously, "Ah, yes that's what I meant to cast".

Lilith turns her head to him, glaring. He staggers back in fear and starts to head back up the stairs to the office.

"Well then, You seem to have everything under control, Miss. Snape. I'll just ask you to nip the rest of them back into their cage!".  

He turns and hides in the office, closing the door behind him. Lilith sighs and waves her wand, all the pixies, still stuck in their positions, start retreating back into the cage. She locks it and turns to see Hermione in her face.

"How on earth did you know that spell? Also how did you do word-less magic?".

Lilith smirks, "You don't know Immobulus? I thought you normally read ahead? Also, don't worry your pretty little head about my ability to do word-less magic".

Lilith starts to walk away, grabbing her bag and starts to leave the classroom with Draco, Pansy and Blaise.  

There was a voice from above, "Ah, can someone help me down?".

Lilith looks up and sees Neville still hanging from the chandelier.

She looks towards Hermione and smirks, "I'm sure Little Miss Smart over there can help you out. I'm sure she knows the right spell".

They leave the classroom and she turns to Draco, "How the hell did he get a job here?".