Chapter 13: Meeting Harry Potter

The group of first years are walking up the stairs towards the Great Hall. Standing at the top of the stairs is a woman wearing emerald green robes and a pointed hat. Next to her was a shaggy looking man with a cat by his feet.

The woman speaks to the group, "Hello students. I am Professor McGonagall and I would like to welcome you all to Hogwarts. In a few moments, Mr Filch will escort you all into the Great Hall where you will be welcomed by the headmaster and current students". 

The group gives her a round of applause and just starts chatting amongst each other as she walks into the hall. Draco looks around the group to see Weasley standing next to a boy with glasses and a lightning shaped scar on his head.  

Draco turns to Lilith and points, "Hey, Lia. Check it out. Weasley seems to have made friends with Harry Potter".

She looks where he's pointing, "Oh yeah. Why don't we go say hi?".

He nods at her and starts walking towards the two boys. Draco walks up to Harry while Lilith decides to stand back and watch from a distance.

"So it's true then. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts".

Ron rolls his eyes, "Sod off Malfoy!".

Draco looks at him up and down before turning back to Harry, "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort". He stretches his hand out to him, "I can help you out with that".

Harry looks at the hand in front of him then turns to Ron. Turning back to Draco, he looks at him with a look of disgust.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks".

Retracting his hand, he sighs, "So, you already brainwashed him I see, huh Weasel?".

"What did you just call me?!".

"You heard me. Weasel".

Lilith decides this is the time to interject, so she crosses her arms and starts to walk up to the boys.

"Draco. Behave". 

He turns to her and backs away from Ron and Harry, "Sorry, Lia".

She walks up to Harry, "Hi there. I'm Lilith and you're already familiar with Draco".

He slightly blushes, "Nice to meet you Lilith. I'm Harry". 

"You'll have to excuse Draco, we didn't exactly have the best interaction with Weasley".

He nods, "I've heard". He looks at Ron, "But my statement still stands from before and counts for you as well".

She raises her eyebrows, "Excuse me?".

Just then, the doors of the Great Hall start to open and clapping can be heard from within. Lilith turns back to Harry with a judgmental look on her face, before Draco takes her hand and starts walking into the Great Hall. The rest of the first years follow them. As they walk down the hall, they look around and stare in awe at their surroundings, especially the ceiling. 

As they get to the front of the room, they are faced with an old man with a long white beard. This was the headmaster, Albus Dumbledore. The sorting ceremony was about to begin.