Chapter 10: Hogwarts Express

Lilith, Tom and Severus are sitting at the dining table, eating breakfast together before it is time for Lilith and Severus to go off to Hogwarts. Now that the day has finally come, Lilith is starting to feel some nerves and doubts. This is causing her to shake her leg underneath the table, which Tom seemed to notice.

"Lil? Sweetheart, is everything ok? You've been shaking for a while".

Looking up from her food, Lilith replies, "Oh yeah, sorry grandpa. Um, I guess I'm just a bit nervous about going to Hogwarts".

Severus asks, "What are you worried about?".

"It's a number of things, really. But I guess the main one is that I would be away from grandpa for a long time. And, yeah, you'll still be there daddy but I won't get to see you a lot with you being the potions teacher".

Tom nods, "I understand, sweetheart. But you'll be fine, Lil. You'll have Draco and make lots of friends, and me and your father have come up with a way for us to talk everyday".

"He's right, baby. And I promise I will never let my work get in the way of you wanting to see me. You have and will always be my top priority".  

"Thank you, daddy. That makes me feel a lot better".

"I'm glad, baby. Why don't we finish eating and go meet Draco at Kings Cross?".

Nodding, the three of them finish eating breakfast. Standing up from the table, the three of them gather in the living room, where Lilith's luggage is sitting.

Turning to Tom she asks, "Are you going to come with us, grandpa?".

He smiles, "I wouldn't miss it for the world, sweetheart".

She grabs her trunk as Tom and Severus take her arms to apparate to Platform 9¾ at Kings Cross Station. When they arrive, Lilith can't help but look around in amazement, not only at the massive train in front of her but also at the station surrounding them. 

She'd dreamed of this place for years and had only seen pictures in books and from what her father had told her about it. As she looked around, she noticed her blond best friend with his parents.

She tugs on her father's robes, "Daddy, look. Can we go see Draco?".

Looking in their direction, he responds, "We absolutely can, baby".

Jumping in excitement, she jogs over to the Malfoys, dodging people as she does so.

Severus calls out as they follow her, "Lil, be careful. Watch where you're running!".

Tom laughs, "Let her be, son. She's just excited. You were the same when you started".

"I was not!". 

Tom laughs quietly while shaking his head. As they approach the Malfoy family, they see Draco and Lilith talking amongst each other excitedly. They turn to Lucius and Narcissa who are also smiling at the two excited children.

Severus turns to Lucius, "How's he been, Luc?".

"Had a little trouble sleeping last night from all the adrenaline but overall he's been really looking forward to today. How was Lilith?".

"A bit nervous. She was worried about leaving her grandfather for so long and also that I'll be really busy since I'm a teacher".

"I can see that. But she'll have Draco there and you know how protective he is of her. Plus we've both seen she's more than capable of protecting herself". 

Nodding, Severus turns to Lilith and Draco, "Well then. Why don't we go and get you two settled on the train?".

The two of them nod in agreement. Draco turns to say goodbye to his parents and Lilith turns to Tom. He opens his arms and gives her a big hug.

He whispers to her, "You have nothing to worry about, sweetheart. You're going to have an amazing time. And I got you a little something, with the help of your father". He hands her a mirror, "This is an enchanted mirror that allows you to talk to me through it. All you have to do is say my full name and I will appear in the mirror so we can talk".

She gasps, "Really?! Thank you so much grandpa, this means a lot".

"Thank your father, it was mostly his idea".

She turns to Severus and gives him a big hug, "Thank you daddy". 

"You're very welcome, baby". He looks up and turns to Draco, "Come on, dragon. Let's get you two aboard".

Draco gives his parents a final goodbye hug, grabs his trunk and locks arms with Lilith. Severus gives his father a big hug and starts to lead the other two towards the Hogwarts Express. They enter one of the train's carriages and look for an empty compartment to sit in. When they finally found one, Severus gets the two settled in, putting their trunks in the upper section.

"Well, here you guys go. I should be heading off to the teacher's carriage. Will you two be alright on your own?".

Lilith replies, "Yes daddy, we should be fine".

He smiles and gives her a kiss on her forehead, "If you guys need anything, find one of the prefects and they'll bring you straight to me. We should be heading off soon".

Draco smiles, "Thanks Uncle Sev".

Severus gently rubs Draco's head and starts to leave the compartment. He slowly closes the sliding door as he waves to them. They see him start to walk off towards the teacher's carriage and look at each other, smiling widely.