Chapter 37: Malfoy and Weasley

Continuation of the last chapter but I felt as that this part would fit better as it's own. 

Lilith and Draco watch Harry give all the books he just received to Mrs Weasley and walk towards the front of the store with Ron, Ginny and Hermione behind him. They start to walk down the stairs to meet them.

Draco scoffs, "I'll bet you loved that, didn't you Potter? Famous Harry Potter! Can't even go into a bookstore without making the front page".

Ginny walks forward to Draco, "Leave him alone!".

Lilith looks down at her, "Oh look, Potter. You've got yourself a girlfriend".

Lucius walks up to the group, "Now, now, you two, play nicely. Mr Potter...Lucius Malfoy. We meet at last. Forgive me, your scar is legend, as, of course, is the wizard who gave it to you".

Lilith starts to smirk, knowing that Lucius was talking about her grandfather. 

Harry responds angrily, "Voldermort killed my parents. He was nothing more than a murderer".

Lucius hums, "Hm. You must be very brave to mention his name...or very foolish".

Hermione interjects, "Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself".

Lucius turns to her, "And you must be...Miss Granger". He turns to Draco, who nods in response, "Yes, Draco's told me all about you, and your parents. Muggles aren't they?".

He turns to Ron and Ginny, knowing exactly who they were, but decides to have a bit of fun first. 

"Let me see...red hair...vacant expressions...tatty second hand books. You must be the Weasleys".

An older man with a strange, pointy hat approached the group, "Children, it's mad in here! Let's go outside".

Lucius looks up at the man, "Well, well, well. Weasley senior".

Arthur greets him, "Lucius".

"Busy time at the Ministry, Arthur, all those extra raids? I do hope they're paying you overtime, but judging by the state of this...". He picks up the book in Ginny's cauldron, "...I'd say not". He places the book back, with another one placed in there without her knowledge, "What's the use in being a disgrace to the name of a wizard if they don't even pay you well for it". 

Arthur snaps back, "We have a very different idea about what disgraces the name of a wizard, Malfoy".

"Clearly. Associating with Muggles...". He looks towards Hermione, "...and I thought your family could sink no lower. I'll see you at work". 

Draco smirks and turns to the three in front of him, "See you at school".

Lilith and Draco turn to follow Lucius out of the store but apparently someone was not going to allow that. Lilith felt a hand grab her arm and pull her back, but she was quick to grab the person's hand and twist it. She turns to see the owner of the hand being Hermione, clearly angry and upset at Lucius' previous comment. 

Lilith throws Hermione's hand away, "How dare you?! Who the hell do you think you are, grabbing me like that?".

The two Malfoys turn back to the group, Draco seeing red at the fact that someone is trying to hurt his best friend.

Hermione starts yelling, "What shame is there in being Muggle-born?".

Lilith scoffs, "Oh sweetie, I thought you were the smart one. Clearly you skipped that part of history. Shame. Pureblood families are the foundation of magic. Without them...". She gestures towards the two Malfoys, "...you'd have no magical skills to begin with".

Hermione starts to smirk, "Aren't you yourself a half-blood?".

Lilith's smile falls, turning into an angry frown, "I still come from two magical parents nonetheless. I never grew up in the muggle world and never wish to. I grew up around purebloods and their values, which I completely agree with".

Ron chimes in, "Without muggle-born wizards and witches, wizard-kind would have died out years ago".

Draco walks up, "And why is that, exactly?". 

Arthur decides to interject, "That's enough, all of you. Unless you want to attract more of an audience".

Looking around the store, the group noticed that some of the people had turned their attention from Lockhart to them. Lilith turns suddenly, grabbing Draco's hand and pulling him out of the store in frustration.

Lucius turns to Arthur, "I was wrong. Maybe you can sink lower. I can assure you, neither her father nor her grandfather are going to be pleased with this".

Arthur gives him a confused look, "Her grandfather? And who might that be?".

Lucius smirks, "If only you knew".

And with that, he turns to follow his son and god-daughter.