Chapter 36: Gilderoy Lockhart

Lucius, Lilith and Draco arrive in Diagon Alley, noticing a crowd at the entrance of Flourish and Blotts.  

Lucius turns to the two, "Before we go and get your books, we need to quickly go to Borgin and Burkes".

The two nod and follow Lucius down Knockturn Alley, to an antique shop. They head inside and notice many shelves lined with unusual magical objects and even some old furniture similar to what Lilith had seen at Malfoy Manor.

Lucius turns to his son, "Don't touch anything, Draco".

Draco quickly turns his head with a confused look between his father and Lilith, who he can see is trying to hold in her laughter. A man approached them, who they assumed was the owner of the store. 

The man greets Lucius, "Mr. Malfoy, what a pleasure to see you again. And young Master Malfoy, too. Oh, this must be the young Snape, pleasure". Lilith nods in response, "I must show you, just in today-".

Lucius interrupts him, "I'm not buying today, Borgin. I'm selling".

Mr Borgin asks, "Selling?".

Lucius turns around, "Draco?".

Out of nowhere, Lilith sees Draco pull out a small box and place it on the counter in front of them. Where he hid it was beyond her and was wondering what was in it and why they had to bring it to Borgin and Burkes. 

Lucius continues, "You are aware no doubt that the Ministry of Magic is conducting more raids on private houses. There's even rumours of a new Muggle Protection Act".

Lilith whispers under her breath, "Of course there is".

Mr Borgin responds, "Pure wizard blood is counting for less everywhere I'm afraid".

Lucius sighs, "Not with me. Anyway, I brought a few items from home...".

After a while, the three start heading towards Flourish and Blotts to get their books. The crowd that they saw before had expanded. They try to push through the crowd and manage to actually get inside the store. Draco leads Lilith over to the stairs so they can get a better view. 

They hear a man announce, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Gilderoy Lockhart!".

All the women in the crowd, which was most of the crowd, went hysterical when Lockhart came out of the back room. They noticed a photographer trying to get to the front.

"Make way there. Please! Let me by, madam. Thank you. Excuse me, little girl. This is for the Daily Prophet".

Lockhart scans the room and notices someone, "It can't be...Harry Potter?". The photographer heard this, "Harry Potter! Excuse me, madam".

Lilith and Draco roll their eyes because, of course, the Golden Boy would get the attention of Lockhart. They see Lockhart pull Harry into a side hug, turning towards the photographer.

Lockhart whispers something to Harry and announces, "Ladies and Gentlemen, what an extraordinary moment this is". Lilith hears Draco let out a sound of disgust, "When young Harry stepped up to Flourish and Blotts this morning to purchase my autobiography, Magical Me, which, incidentally is currently celebrating its 27th week atop the Daily Prophet bestseller list, he had no idea that he would, in fact, be leaving...with my entire collected works, free of charge. Now, ladies?".