Chapter 7: Eeylops Owl Emporium

Just as they were walking up the Eeylops Owl Emporium, Lucius, Draco and Lilith see Severus and Tom walking up to the store as well, presumably to meet them there after getting the school books. Tom seemed to notice that the other three were a little on edge.

"Lil, sweetheart? Is everything ok?".

"Hi grandpa. Um, I guess so. Just had a little incident at Madam Malkin's".

Severus asks, "What do you mean? Are you guys alright?".

"Yes uncle Sev, we're all ok. We had a bit of a run-in with the Weasleys".

"Oh, of course. Let's just go inside, we'll talk about this more at home".

Nodding, they all step inside the store. Draco and Lilith start looking around at the different owls that were displayed around the store. 

Lucius turns to Severus, "I thought you guys already have an owl".

"We do, but she wants one of her own to have at Hogwarts, and you know me and my father can't say no to her".

Lucius laughs, "Of course".

Severus looks at Lucius with a scowl on his face, turns and walks towards where Lilith and Draco are.

"You find one you like, baby?".

"Hey daddy. I'm not really sure, but I really like these Screech owls", Lilith points out.

"Ah yes, beautiful creatures. If you want that one, go for it. You know me or your grandfather, or even Uncle Lucius would be more than happy to get you whatever one you want".

"I know, daddy. Can I get this one? It really caught my eye when we walked in".

"Of course you can. Why don't I take it up to the counter while you and Draco go and get some supplies?".

Lilith nods and takes Draco's hand, leading him to a section of the store where they have supplies such as different foods for owls and cages. Severus looks towards the owl Lilith chose and puts his arm out. The owl jumps onto his arm and he starts walking towards the register. Placing the owl on the counter, Lilith and Draco place the items they found on the counter as well. As they place a cage down, Lilith opens it and the owl perches inside. As Severus is talking with the store clerk and paying, Lilith turns and sees Draco scowling at something. She follows his line of sight towards the front of the store and sees a young girl, around their age. She looks back to Draco, a confused look on her face.

"Something wrong Dray?".

Draco looks back at Lilith, "Oh it's nothing Lia". He points to the girl, "That girl there is Hermione Granger. Muggleborn. Heard she got accepted into Hogwarts".

"A muggleborn? Accepted to Hogwarts? Who knows how that will go?".

"I agree. I swear that mudblood is going to ruin everything. I remember my father telling me about-".

"Excuse me?". 

Lilith and Draco turn to see the girl, Hermione, looking at them offended.

"What did you just call me?".

Draco responds, "Mudblood. That is what you are after all".

"Well I would appreciate it if you didn't call me that".

He scoffs, "I'm sure you would".

Hermoine looks past Draco at Lilith, "And who might you be?". 

Lilith crosses her arms, "I'm Lilith". 

Hermione grabs Lilith's arms, "You know, you don't have to hang around Malfoy. He's an absolutely terrible influence and his views are preposterous". 

Lilith yanks her arm back, "Excuse me, but I think I can take care of myself. And who are you to assume that I don't share his views?". 

Hermione looks completely shocked, while Draco smirks at Lilith, impressed.  

"Y-you what?!".

"Well, I am a half-blood myself but I do have many pureblood people in my family, so I was raised with pureblood views and beliefs, which I had free reign on as to whether or not I truly believe them. Which I do".

"You can't be serious, Lilith. Pureblood views on muggle borns are distasteful. They believe that we are inferior to those who fully have magical blood. That we shouldn't-". 

"I don't need you to lecture me on my own beliefs. I'll have you know, I was able to make my own choice as to what I truly follow. I did lots of research on both sides and chose to agree with my pureblood family. Now if you don't mind, please get out of our way, so me and Draco can leave the store and go home". 

Hermione doesn't move and just stands there staring at Lilith with wide eyes. Clearly she wasn't going to move so Lilith scoffs, pushes Hermione aside and starts to storm towards the entrance. She looks back at Draco, who's just staring at her, starstruck.

"Coming, Draco?".  

Shaking his head and blinking his eyes to bring himself back to reality, Draco starts to walk to Lilith and scowls at Hermione as he walks past her. The both of them walk out the store. While all this was happening, Severus, Lucius and Tom were just watching all of this unfold. Severus originally wanted to interfere, but Tom stopped him, wanting to see how she handles it. The three men were incredibly impressed with Lilith, but Severus can't help but wonder why people have to keep ruining their day. Hopefully that was the last of it. But of course, it wasn't.