Chapter 25: First Quidditch Game

The next morning, Lilith and Draco are sitting with their friends, eating breakfast in the Great Hall.  Today was the first official Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Slytherin. Lilith was still feeling the frustrations from the day before. She stabs her food on the plate, making those around her flinch.

Draco places his hand on her back, "You ok, Lia?".

She sighs and leans her head down, "Yeah, Dray. I'm ok. Just had a bit of trouble sleeping last night".

He guides her head to his shoulder, "If you're not feeling up to going to the match, I'm sure Uncle Sev can give you some sort of exemption".

She shakes her head, "No, I'll be alright".

They hear Severus' voice behind them at the Gryffindor table, "Good luck today Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy for you...even if it is against Slytherin".

He walks over to Lilith and Draco, slightly limping.

He places his hand on Lilith's head, "You alright, baby?".

She speaks into Draco's shoulder, "Yeah, daddy. I'm fine. Just tired".

He nods and starts to slowly rub her head. They hear a screech entering the hall, and the three look up to see a snowy owl carrying a large parcel. It flies across the Gryffindor table and drops it off in front of Harry. He opens it to reveal a broomstick.

Severus whispers, "Oh Merlin. You've got to be kidding me".

They hear Ron exclaim, "That's not just any broomstick, Harry. It's a Nimbus 2000!".

Many of the students around Harry and Ron start crowding them to get a closer look. Severus sees Harry look towards the teacher's table. Following his eye line, he notices Professor McGonagall stroking the snowy owl. She smiles and nods in Harry's direction.

Lilith huffs, "How on earth did he get that?".

Severus leans down and whispers to her and Draco, "It seems like McGonagall got it for him or at least organised for it to be delivered to him".

She looks over at McGonagall and turns back to look at Harry. Seeming to confirm it herself, she scoffs and leans her head back onto Draco's shoulder. He wraps his arms around her, and Severus goes back to rubbing her head. 

"You sure you want to go watch the match, Lia?".

She sighs, "Yeah. I'll be alright".

Severus interjects, "Just signal me if you want to come back".

She nods and goes back to eating. Later on, they are seated in the Slytherin towers on the Quidditch patch. Lilith is sitting, arms crossed, next to Draco, Blaise and Pansy on either side of them. The Gryffindor and Slytherin teams zoom out of the towers onto the pitch, the students around them cheering.

Lee Jordan, the Quidditch commentator, announces, "Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season. Today's game, Slytheriin versus Gryffindor!".

Cheers arose from all the student viewing towers. The players take their positions in the air in a circle.

Lee continues, "The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game".

Madam Hooch kicks the trunk and the bludgers zoom out.

"The bludgers are up...followed by the Golden Snitch. Remember, the Snitch is worth 150 points. The seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game".

The Snitch zooms around the seekers then seems to just disappear.

"The Quaffle is released...and the game begins!".

Lilith and Draco tried their best to enjoy the game and be supportive of their house, but the frustrations of the previous day just kept taking over Lilith's mind. She just kind of tuned out most of the game, which Draco noticed but didn't want to make a bigger deal out of it.

She snapped out of her daze when she heard someone yell. She looks towards the direction of the teacher's tower where the sound came from. Lilith notices that a small part of Severus' cloak had caught fire. He seemed to notice as well and started batting out the fire, then sitting back down and acting like nothing happened.

This obviously worried her, and just added more stress. Before turning back, she notices something moving underneath the towers. Squinting her eyes to try and identify it, she gasps as she sees Hermione walking away with her wand out. She turns back towards the game just in time to hear Lee announce Gryffindor's victory. 

She lets out a big sigh, prompting Draco to look over. He notices that she's more stressed than before. He just wraps his arms around her and she buries her head in between his neck and shoulders. This is not a good day for her.