Chapter 23: Flying Lesson Part 2

Lilith and Draco hop on their brooms and soars around the group, as if the two had been flying for years...which they have.

Draco calls out, "How 'bout up on the roof?".

Lilith gets the message and flies several feet off the ground, "What's the matter, Potter? Bit beyond your reach?".

Harry gets fed up and starts mounting his broom, but Hermione grabs his arm. 

"Harry, no way! You heard what Madam Hooch said! Besides, you don't even know how to fly. Just because they can doesn't mean-".

He ignores her and starts to fly off towards to face Lilith. 

"Give it here, Snape, or I'll knock you off your broom".

Draco snorts as Lilith raises her eyebrows, "Knock her off her broom? Is that so?".

Harry dashes for her, but Lilith twirls around her broom in a 360.

She smirks, "Have it your way then".

Lilith hurls the Remembrall towards Draco, like a baseball. Harry zooms after the ball, speeding towards him. He flies past a window, from which McGonagall is working, and catches it before Draco can. McGonagall notices this and looks surprised as Harry begins to fly back down to the grounds.

The Gryffindor students cheer as he lands back down at ease and runs to crowd around him. Lilith and Draco come back down as well, the Slytherins gather around them, and the two look at each other with a frustrated look; though they know it's not directed at the other.

McGonagall appears on the grounds.

"Harry Potter. Follow me".

Harry sullenly follows her.

Draco turns to Lilith, "What's that about?".

"Who knows. Could be anything, but I can guess it's probably to do with the flying around we just did. I think I saw her through one of the windows".

Draco laughs quietly, "You think he's in trouble?".

She turns to him, "Potter? The golden boy? I highly doubt it, Dray".

One of the Slytherins turns to the two, "I've been wondering, how did you two get so good at flying so fast?".

Draco responds, "My father has been teaching us since we were little".

It was now the end of the lesson and the pair was still feeling the frustration. Apparently, according to the grapevine, Harry didn't get in trouble, but instead got appointed as seeker for the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. When Lilith and Draco heard this when they got back to the common room, that frustration only grew.

Draco yells, "You can't be serious!".

Blaise sighs, "Unfortunately, Draco, it's true. Potter is the new seeker. He's being praised for being the youngest one in history".

Lilith angrily sits on the couch, "I can't believe this. How on earth was he able to fly in the first place? Me and Draco, yeah cause we were taught young, but Potter?! I don't buy it".

Daphne rubs her back, "It will be alright you guys. I'm sure there must be something that can be done about this".

Lilith nods, "We'll definitely have to tell my father about this. He should not be getting any sort of special treatment. Yeah, I'm a professor's daughter, but he and every other professor treats me like any other student".

Pansy interjects, "We can worry about that later. For right now, let's just head to dinner".

Draco sighs, "You're right, let's go, Lia".

The group stands and starts to leave the dungeons towards the Great Hall. Lilith and Draco now have a newfound hatred for the Potter boy. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Author's Note ~ 

This was originally supposed to be one chapter but the more I wrote I realised it was just under 4 pages in my Google Docs so I decided to split it in two parts. 

I am aware I ommited the entire conversation between Harry and McGonagall where she apoints him seeker, but I thought it would make the chapter even longer then it needed to be and also felt it wasn't really necessary.