Chapter 48: Something's Different

Lilith and Draco were walking down to the Slytherin dungeons. They had just gone to talk to Severus after dinner.

Lilith sighs, "I still don't get it. Potter? Speaking Parseltongue?".

"I know, Lia. I'm confused as well. But you heard your father, it's probably nothing to worry about. We can ask your grandfather this weekend".

She nods, "You're right. By the way, did you see Crabbe and Goyle at dinner?".

He shakes his head and they continue to walk down the stairs. When they exit the stairwell, they see the two boys in front of the Slytherin portrait, talking to Percy Weasley, Ron's brother and Prefect.

Draco calls out, "Crabbe, Goyle! Where have you two been? Pigging out somewhere all this time? Why are you wearing glasses?".

Lilith turns to Goyle, noticing the glasses. She squints at him in confusion. The two boys, who are normally confident around them, now seem nervous and won't hold eye contact for some reason.  

He stutters, "U-uh...reading".

She raises her eyebrows, "Reading?".

Goyle nods, "Uh huh".

She shakes her head, "Whatever. Let's just go inside". She turns and nods at Percy, "Weasley".

He nods back, "Snape".  

Percy turns and walks out of the dungeon, while the other four go into the common room. Lilith and Draco sit on one of the couches in front of the fireplace, while Crabbe and Goyle just stand there looking at them.  

Draco turns to them, "Well? Sit down".

They shake their heads and sit opposite them on another couch.

Lilith whispers to Draco, "Something's different about them. Watch what you say".

He nods and lays back on the couch, "You'd never know the Weasley's were purebloods, the way they behave. They're an embarrassment to the wizarding world. All of them".

Lilith noticed Crabbe getting slightly uncomfortable, "Problem, Crabbe?".

His eyes slightly widened, "Ahem...stomach ache".  

Draco hums, "You know, I'm surprised that the Daily Prophet hasn't done a report on the chamber being opened". 

 Lilith nods, "I suppose Dumbeldore is trying to hush it all up. Uncle Lucius always said Dumbledore was the worst thing that ever happened to this place".

Goyle suddenly jumps in his seat, "You're wrong!".

She raises her eyebrows, "What? You think there's someone here who's worse than the old man? Do you?".

He gulps, "Uh...Harry Potter?".

Draco responds, "Good one, Goyle. You're absolutely right. Saint Potter. And some daft people actually think he's the Heir of Slytherin!".

Goyle clears his throat, "But he's obviously not, you are...Lilith".

Draco looks at him with a slight confused expression and Lilith eyes down the boys in front of her, "Yes. I am. Thank you".  

Draco sighs, "You know, my father did say this: It's been fifty years since the Chamber was opened. He wouldn't tell me who opened it - only that they were expelled. The last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened, a Mudblood died. So it's only a matter of time before one of them is killed this time. As for me, I hope it's Granger".   

The two boys in front of them seemed quite tense after the last comment.

Lilith tries to hide her smirk, "What's the matter with you two? You're acting...odd".

Crabbe stutters, "I-it's just my stomach ache".

The two boys look at each other in shock and start to whisper. All of a sudden they get up from the couch and run out of the common room. Draco starts to protest but Lilith puts her hand up.

The boys are gone and Lilith turns to Draco, "Something was definitely different with those two. See how they hesitated to call me by my name?".

He nods, "I found it weird as well".  

"Those weren't my boys. And I have a feeling as to who it was".