Chapter 47: Dueling Club

Due to the incident with the Chamber of Secrets it seems as if the headmaster decided to set up a dueling club. Lilith and Draco were on their way along with Crabbe and Goyle. For the last couple of days, news of her being the heir of Slytherin spread like wildfire. Many people in Slytherin look at her with more respect and even some of the First Year students of all houses have been coming up to her and asking her questions. 

They walk into the Great Hall, which has been transformed to have one long table in the middle of the room. They saw Professor Lockhart, wearing a dueling uniform so they assumed he was the assigned teacher, along with Professor Snape standing to the side.  

Lockhart stands on the table, "Gather 'round, gather 'round! Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent! In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission...".

Lilith sighs, "Of course he has".

"...to start off this little Dueling Club to train you all in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions- for full details, see my published works. Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape".

Severus walks up to the table and stands opposite Lockhart, a bored look on his face.  

"He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry- you'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him, never fear. One, two, three-".

Severus raises his wand to Lockhart, "Expelliarmus!".

Lockhart launches back, landing on the table behind him. Some of the students laugh and Lilith notices Severus smirk a little.

He heaves, "Whoa". He stumbles to stand back up, "An excellent idea to show then that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious what you were about to do".

Lilith and Draco snort, "Oh I'm sure".  

Severus suggests, "Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor".

"Ah. An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape! Let's have a volunteer pair! Um, Potter, Weasley, how about you?".

Severus interjects, "Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house? Miss. Snape, perhaps?".  

Crabbe and Goyle help her onto the table, where she stands next to her father.  

She takes off her robe and hands it to him, whispering, "Thanks daddy".

He smiles, "Knock him down, baby".

Lilith and Harry face each other on the table.  

Lockhart calls out, "Wands at the ready".

She smirks, "Scarred, Potter?".

He responds, "You wish".

"On the count of three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent- only to disarm. We don't want any accidents here. One, two-".  

Lilith calls out, "Everte statum!".

Harry falls back onto the table and raises his wand, "Rictusempra!".

She waves her wand and blocks the spell, another case of wordless magic.  

Lockhart stutters, "I-I said disarm only!".

Lilith casts, "Serpensortia!".

All of a sudden, a snake shot out from her wand and landed on the table in front of Harry. The students watching them take a step back in shock.  

Severus smirks, knowing her ability with snakes was astonishing.

She whispers in Parseltongue, "Sya-hasi-heth. Hassa-hasi (Scare the boy)".  

The snake slowly turns to one of the Gryffindor boys, Justin Finch-Fletchley, and slowly starts to slither towards him. Justin freezes in his spot.

All of a sudden, Harry whispers, "Sya-hassa-she. Sya-hasi-heth. Sya-hasi-heth (Leave the boy alone)".

Lilith snaps her head up in confusion. How the hell does Potter know Parseltongue? That can't be possible.

She whispers to the snake, "Hasi-heth. Sya hasi-heth (Come to me)".

The snake turns and slithers towards her. She leans down and lets the snake climb up her arm. She stands and places her hand out to Goyle, who helps her down. What just happened?