22

"So... I took your measurements. Now we will see together what type of costume you would like better and the colors of it"
She asked me what materials I would like better to have my costume made of
"I don't really know what are the possibilities so I will just go by what I will be seeing"

She showed me the different materials possible and made me touch them to know the texture. And what type of clothes where going with the different material.

I chose
I was going for a blouse. What I always wear.
A Victorian style. A white shirt reaching my neck with a ribbon for a knot and the shirt had frills. I took a little black corset.
The pant was a large classy black pant. With for belt, a ribbon made in silk.

She asked me what color I would like for my clothes.
"Ummh... I am not sure. I don't know between a royal blue or a baby blue..." I asked her
She looked at me from head to toes
"I think the royal blue would suit you best"
"Where would you want your royal blue to be?"

I thought about it for a while
"The ribbons of course and the strings of the corset please."
"Ok sir, it's noted. Do you have any other wishes for your costume?"
Ummm- I thought about it for a moment

Would it be pretty to add something? I don't even know if the costume is actually suitable for the ball of one of the member of the royal family...
I guess I will just added some accessories.
"No. I don't think so... But I need some accessories. Could you help me please?" I didn't really know what to do but it was probably the thing the most coherent to do.
"Yes of course" she bowed to me
"Please follow me"

And I did so.
We arrived at a place full of accessories and jewelry.
Earrings, Necklaces, Bracelets, Straps, Ankle bracelets ...
Some just in gold, some with precious stones, some even with diamond...
It was seriously amazing

"Here we are, Sir"

She presented me all the type of jewelry I could take and their prices
I looked at them...
It was so shiny. Could they actually blind someone?

"Sir, do you have some accessories in your mind?"
"Ummh- I thought about maybe a necklace, maybe something for my hair and maybe earrings"
She did a surprised face
"Uh- uh- what? I think I misunderstood what you said... could you repeat please"
I sighed
"A necklace, something for my hair like an hair clip, and maybe some earrings"
She stared at me with a strange look
"Bu-but... earring and hair clips are for... women. You can't wear those.."
So it is what I thought it was...
"Is it forbidden by the law for men to wear those?" I approached toward her
She got scared and retreated a little bit
"N-n-no. B-bu-" I placed my hand on her mouth
"So why couldn't I wear those? If women prepare themself the be the prettiest possible why shouldn't I too?"
She seemed more surprised to hear that than to see a dog talking...

She sighed in defeat
"Ok sir... I don't have anything to say against you. What would you want?" She tried to take her business smile back but she wasn't able too

I knew that this world had their own prejudices but it's still sad to hear those things...

I chose
"I will take this transparent blue hair clip" it was a small transparent blue precious stone framed with gold
She took the hair clip out of the glass. And handed it to me
"Thank you very much" I bowed to her

"What do you want other than that?" She was trying to be polite but I knew that she was really disturbed by my request
"I will take that small magenta precious stone with the silver necklace, please" she went to take it and in 10 min, she assembled the two pieces together.