36

This was the next day

This day, at least, There wasn't any rain so he didn't have to wait for Riley in the rain like last time
In fact, he didn't even had to wait because the moment he arrived at the usual place to eat
Riley was already here waiting for him in his usual handsome face and seductive smile

'Ugh' Cami felt his heart accelerating

"Sorry I hope you didn't waited yesterday, I didn't know if you would be there and it was raining so much. I really hope you didn't have to wait in the rain because of me" Cami put an embarrassed look on his face

When Riley heard what Cami said, his eyes widened and his heart ached. Was he really lying at this time? Did he didn't want to let him know he had waited in the rain almost all the lunch time just for him? Just for him to not feel bad about it??

Cami didn't really understand Riley's reaction. Why did he looked so surprised about his lie? It's not like he was really here yesterday anyway..

Riley rapidly regained his natural face
"Oh is that so? Glad I didn't go outside yesterday I wouldn't have wanted to wait in the rain"

Cami gave a slightly awkward laugh

Why were they such idiots?

And for the rest of the lunch they tried to talk about anything else but it was still awkward
Because of how bad Cami lie and because of Riley continually feeling bad about Cami and giving him sad glance. Which was just confusing Cami even more...

***

Feeling a slight feeling of freshness and a gentle breeze passing through his hair, Cami opened his eyes gently
It was morning, the morning of the festival at school

Wondering why there was a slight breeze in his room he glance in his room to see his window slightly opened.
It was a good feeling.

The little dust particules could be seen due to the sun's ray. Such a good morning for the day he was going to pass.
He was nervous to be honest. He didn't like to pass an entire day with strangers asking him where to go.
Well it was what he chose but still..

It wasn't Abele who woke him up, what time could it be?

He rolled on his bed to take his watch on his nightstand. It was still early but Abele should come to 'wake him up' in some min.
He had 30min~ before that. Should he just pretend to sleep or wake up already?
He didn't want to move but at the same time he would get bored of it in no time.

He sat on his bed and rubbed his eyes while sighing. He tiredly looked at the window's direction. The curtains were opened enough to see the outside. Bird's chirp could be heard.

'Ahh-' he never really had that peace in his past life. He always lived in city so the only noises heard in the morning were cars, traffic and the only landscape you could see through your window was another wall or if you were lucky enough, the road and multiples skyscrapers. And the light was hid by the layers of pollution.

He got up from his bed and went to the window. The view was really pretty, his room was pretty high so he had a big field of view.
From far away he saw two little kids playing together on the road. Cami smiled and leaned more on the window.

Suddenly the door opened which surprised him enough to let his hand slip and his upper half to fall. He got scared but luckily it was just his upper half who fell so it was nothing more than a jumpscare

'It's what's happening when you romanticize your life too much' A drop of sweat forming on Cami's embarrassed face appeared

What's more, Abele saw that....
It was clear she was trying to hold her laughter in.