Chapter 10: Fight! Fight!

"Michael...what the fuck?!"

"Tsch, I did you a favor. You should be thanking me."

Payton remained trembling on the floor as he continued to bleed on the concrete. It was honestly a little sad to look at but he did deserve it.

"Thanks, Michael." I muttered.

"Whatever. Just stop being stupid and maybe this won't happen." Before I could respond, Michael skated back towards his group. Leaving me alone with this bleeding mess.

I would've helped him but something in my mind told me to just leave him alone. So I did just that. I placed my skateboard back down on the floor and I went back home, hoping that I wouldn't be in trouble for this.

~

Turns out, Payton didn't take the beating very well. His sudden urge to be my friend or girlfriend turned into pure rage as I met him at school the next day.

"I can't believe you just left me there!" Payton yelled as I walked by him. I paid no attention to him, but that didn't seem to stop his little fit.

"I could've been seriously hurt! Do I really mean that little to you?!" I cringed at the question. Sure, we were friends but not for long anyway. I hadn't grown too attached, and I certainly wasn't now.

"Can you just leave me alone, Payton?" I sighed in annoyance as I continued walking by him. To my dismay, he started to walk along with me.

As we walked he kept bugging me repeatedly about yesterday. He just wouldn't let it go! As I was about to finally explode, we walked by Michael and his friends. Who were very confused as to why I was with Payton.

"Did you seriously learn nothing, Y/N?" Michael snarled, as he looked Payton and I up and down.

"I didn't really have a choice." I shot a glare at Payton as he waved his hands in defense.

"I thought we were friends!"

"You didn't even want to be my friend! You just wanted another user!" I stomped my foot onto the ground as I finally snapped at Payton.

Michael seemed pretty amused by the situation as I saw a slight smirk appear on his face. Payton growled in response as we continued to make a scene.

"Pfft, didn't you hear her? She clearly doesn't want to be your little 'girlfriend', why are you still here?" Michael snorted at Payton.

Payton, filled with rage, suddenly shoved Michael to the ground. I was shocked that he had the guts to do this on school grounds but I took no attempts to stop him. I hated both of them anyway.

"Get off me, twerp!" Michael growled. His friends watched from a distance but remained still like I was. The two had a shoving battle on the ground and things started escalating as a crowd formed around us.

"Okay, okay! Get off each other!" I hissed as I tried pulling the two apart. It was no use as I was soon thrown into the mess and I was shoved by Payton.

Oh, that man had balls if he thinks he can touch me like that. I took no hesitation to fight back as I threw a punch at his jaw.

The fight itself was just shoving, but I changed things when I did that. Michael's eyes widened in surprise, he seemed to think I did it for him. But Payton grit his teeth as he rubbed his jaw harshly.

"YOU'RE GONNA PAY FOR THAT!" Payton screeched as he jumped on me.

Surprisingly, the fight that once belonged to Michael and Payton turned into a a fight between Payton and I. As I tried to throw Payton off me, he slapped me across the face. The crowd gasped and even Michael's friends seemed slightly peeved.

Michael however, did not take that slap very lightly as he kicked Payton off of me. I sat up nodding a thanks to Michael as he simply nodded back. For some reason, the two of us teamed up and slowly started to take Payton down together.

As we were finally winning, a teacher came along and pulled Payton away. Then, multiple teachers came and took us. It actually surprised me how long it took for them to come but I was angered they did after I decided to join.

"My office, now!" The principle yelled. Shamefully, Michael and I walked into his office as we already knew what was coming next.

Payton would've been right beside us, if we hadn't given him the beating of his life. The frustrated principle left his office momentarily as he made a phone call to which I assumed was our parents.

"Hey, thanks for that." Michael spoke calmly. I was still digesting everything that happened but I still decided to respond.

"It wasn't for you, at first. But thanks for helping me too." I felt a tug on my mouth as I couldn't help but smile at Michael. He smirked slightly as he comprehended my words.

The principle came marching back in afterwards, leaving Michael and I to think about our exchanged words. I was just now remembering how we fought along side each other, and neither protested. Also how Michael stood up for me countless times. Maybe, just maybe, he wasn't so bad after all.

But I didn't have much time to dwell on his sudden change in behavior as my mother and his father came stomping in, clearly not happy. But at least they didn't seem as disappointed as the first time they were both here together.

"Y/N, what were you thinking?!" My mother yelped as she stormed over to where I was seated.

"Ms. L/N, it wasn't her fault. That kid we fought with was trying to do some bad things to her." My jaw literally dropped. Did I seriously just hear those words come out of Michael's mouth? What was with him today? Why was he suddenly being so nice?

"Oh? Tell me more."