Chapter 16: Michael Finds Out the Truth

A/N:
This chapter reveals abuse in Y/N's household. Read with caution.
—————

We all walked up onto the stage. Vinny was in charge where as Michael hung back and walked along with me. The comment Vinny made was still fresh so both of us felt too awkward to speak with one another.

Suddenly, Vinny jumped down into a hatch on the wood floor and it led to some sort of control room. Not even moments later, the animatronics were lively and dancing around as they would in broad daylight.

"Woah..." Said Scott.

"I know right. I can get these guys to do anything!" Vinny smirked maliciously as he continued fiddling around with the controls, I could see Michael tensing up at the sight of this. I eyed him from the short distance between us.

"Maybe you should stop, Vinny. We don't know what we're dealing with." I spoke, before Michael had the chance to.

"That didn't stop us last time." With that, Vinny pushed down on a red button which made the bear start singing. We all jumped from the sudden noise but Vinny let out a chuckle as he closed the control room trap door.

"What are you doing?! My dad could still be here!" Michael yelled, trying to pry open the door.

"Relax, Mikey. If he were here I think we all would've seen him by now."

But just as we were all about to sigh in relief, keys jangled as a tall figure shone in the dark doorway. The shadow was enough to tell us who was exactly standing there.

"Off. My stage. NOW."

Our sneaky plan was not a success.

~

It's been approximately 16 hours since that event happened. Since then, my parents...more like my mother, grounded me. I tried calling Michael and the others but it was no use. I assume they all had their phones taken as punishment.

I laid down on my bed bored out of my mind. It may only be 3 in the afternoon but I had been trapped in my room all day and I had no friends to entertain me! Not even my skateboard!

Reluctantly, I sat up from my lying position and made my way downstairs. I was quite surprised to be met with the eyes of my father. But they weren't welcoming.

"Your mother has told me all about the trouble you've been getting into lately." He sneered, shooting daggers into my fearful eyes.

"Sorry." I whispered, beyond frightened. He never appeared unless it was important, and I can only imagine what bad things my mother had told him about me. No, this was not going to be good.

Not at all.

Michael POV:

My father was beyond pissed, to say the least. He trapped me in my room just like he did with Chris. I hadn't tried to leave the whole day until I saw his stupid grape car pull out of the driveway.

Once I made it downstairs I noticed something off. One, my siblings weren't anywhere in site, and two, I could've sworn I heard a loud noise from across the street.

From Y/N's house.

My body made its own decision as I quickly opened the door to go see what all the loudness was about. My father would probably be staying late at work as usual so I could get back in time before he noticed...I hope.

Before I twisted the doorknob to her house open I could faintly hear the conversation going on inside, and my confidence was immediately washed away with sympathy.

"YOU'RE ALWAYS FUCKING ACTING UP! DON'T YOU SEE IT RUINS MY LIFE TOO? WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS SO SELFISH?"

Another noise echoed. I was curious as to what this male voice was doing...but I knew it wasn't good. Was Y/N being abused? Why didn't she tell me? I could've helped her.

I wish I knew.

"I wouldn't act this way if you ever tried spending time with me!" A shriek came from the familiar voice I grew to admire. Y/N. Though, her voice quivered and I began to worry for her safety. Her situation might've even been worse than mine...

"I have work! Why are you always so ungrateful?! I do all of this for you! And what do you do?! Disappoint me! Every. Single. TIME!" The last words were said between another loud noise. That was the last straw. I gulped before barging inside her house and looked at the terrible sight before me.

There was a bunch of empty glass all around the floor. It was clear her father had been throwing stuff and I sincerely hoped it wasn't as her. But Y/N...she looked more scared than I've ever seen. It was heartbreaking. My heart dropped at the sight.

"Who the hell are you?!" Her father screeched, facing towards me. Y/N's eyes widened as she mouthed for me to leave. But I didn't give in. I had to do it.

Do it for her.

"What are you doing to Y/N!?" I yelled back, matching his energy.

"What's it to you? This is my daughter! I can do as I please!"

"Dad, please leave Michael alone. He has nothing to do with this." Y/N tugged on her father's arm, to which he pulled it back harshly. I growled at the site.

"So this is Micheal, huh?! This is the son of that bitch who's been sleeping with MY wife!" Her father was clearly drunk. His voices were slurred and he started stumbling. Still, I didn't back down.

"Dad! Stop, please!"

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE BEFORE I FUCKING SHOW YOU WHAT YOU DESERVE." Her father stomped over towards me. I didn't back away as I stood my ground and glared.

"No."

"WHAT?"

"No. Let's go Y/N." I glanced away from the disgusting site. Y/N was near tears as she shivered, once more looking at her father. I couldn't describe how terrible I felt right now.

"You better not go Y/N!"

She didn't listen. Instead, she walked out of the house. I shot one more glare at her father before following behind her. The only thing the two of us could hear were the threats her father was yelling at us.

We didn't listen.

"M-Michael. I'm sorry you had to see that." I sighed as I pulled her into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there sooner."