Chapter 48: Tension

You approached the door cautiously.

The door was thick. You could hear voices from the other side but they were incoherent. You wanted to try and listen into the conversation but you didn't know how much time you had before Michael was in danger.

You turned the knob, hoping to halt Afton's plans, but he had locked it. You continued trying, desperate to save Michael.

As you were about to start kicking at the door, it abruptly swung open and the same bunny arms from earlier reached out and pulled you inside.

You barely had time to scream or fight as you had already been thrown onto the floor and the door had been slammed shut behind you.

There, standing by the door, was William Afton in his worn-down, bunny suit. The lights in the room were dim and the area was mainly empty, only consisting of a few withered animatronics and scuffled parts.

You were quite literally shocked. You hadn't seen Afton in forever. And now, he was standing right in front of you.

Where was Michael?

"You brought her." William spat, staring into the spot behind you.

"Where are my siblings?!" Michael ignored Williams statement, which you found rather rude. Though you had other things to worry about.

"You should be more worried about other things right now..." Afton looked distracted.

"You can try whatever you want but I'm going to find them."

Michael looked half-insane, while William didn't look much better. Surprisingly, Afton looked more off than usual today.

"You insolent child, don't you understand our situation?!" William grabbed Michael by his shoulders and peered at him. His eyes wide with fear. You had never seen William so scared before. In fact, you had never seen him scared.

"Yeah! You kidnapped Liz and Chris and we want them back!" You shouted, bringing Afton's attention over to you.

"You fools." He shook his head. "The police are outside this establishment. Don't you understand the severity of this situation!?"

"Psch, the only one who should be afraid of the police is you." Michael scoffed.

William exhaled in aggregation. "Let me explain this then. Once the police break into this establishment, they are going to run into the souls that haunt this place. The souls are going to seek vengeance and kill the police. An investigation will launch and many police are going to die as they slowly discover that children haunt the pizzeria! Do you want the FBI finding this out?!"

You looked at Michael, confused. "Why the hell would these spirits kill the police?"

"Becau—"

"We haven't been attacked. You're probably just making this up to stall!"

"That's bec—"

"Yeah! Ghosts aren't real. Do you think we are idiots?"

"Shut up!" William shouted, you could see the frustration in his eyes. His bunny suit twinged as he stood defensively.

"Let me speak." He squinted. "They will attack the police because the police failed to solve their case and let it run cold." He paused. "They haven't attacked you because they are scared of you."

William looked at Michael. You quirked a brow. What was he implying?

"Why would ghosts be scared of me?" Michael snorted. He obviously didn't believe his father's ramble.

"God dammit! Because you're an Afton!" William hissed, finally at the peak of frustration and fear. You physically recoiled at the tone. The memories it gave you were unpleasant.

"Wait...that still doesn't make sense." You chimed in, "Then why haven't they hurt me?"

Afton calmed down slightly, as if also perturbed by the question. "I don't know. I believe it's because you have been by Michael the whole time."

Should you believe him? He was a pretty good liar if this wasn't true. You guessed that would make sense though. Considering all the crimes he has gotten away with.

"I still have so many questions. I don't believe you..." You started, unable to comprehend the entire thing.

Michael suddenly yelled, "I don't care! None of this concerns us! Where are my siblings!?"

You couldn't see Afton's whole face, due to the bunny suit. However, you could tell he had a sly look on his face. It made you uneasy.

"I wouldn't be too hasty now, Michael. Start acting so careless and you might never see them again." William chuckled.

You were stunned. Could he really do something like that to his own kids?! They were babies! You were quite literally sick. The fate of Elizabeth and Chris rested in their murderous fathers hands. And he had no problem killing them!

Michael said nothing. He knew all of what Afton was capable of. 

"Now that's the right way to be acting!" He cheered. "Great. Now that we're all on board with keeping the police out, you all have to do what I say."

Michael muttered. "This is all your fault, y'know. If you hadn't touched Elizabeth and Chris, the police wouldn't even be here!"

"Oh? Am I the one who brought them here?" William waited for a response. "No. This was never my plan. I didn't ask for this. You always mess everything up, Michael." Afton spat his name with so much hatred and venom, that it drove Michael off the walls.

"I mess everything up? What was your plan anyway?! To lure us here and kill us?" He grew angrier. "You're the worst father anyone could ever have! You're not even a father! I hope you burn for everything that you di—"

It wasn't long before William shut Michael up, punching him right in the face. Michael fell on the floor, the metal hand making the hit even more painful.

You watched in horror. If neither of them could contain their anger for one another, they were both going to kill each other. Then again, it was two versus one.

Afton turned towards you.