Chapter 19: Breaking Point

A/N:
You guys are killing me with the pregnant comments. Pregnant can also mean pause 😭.

Also this chapter escalates pretty quickly.

———————

"Payton, what the fuck?!" You practically roared. He stood behind you and Michael, chuckling to himself. He was amused with your fury.

"Did you really think you could just humiliate me and get away with it? I received so much backlash from that fight because of you and your greased-up, boyfriend! No, no. Have fun, bitch. I hope you don't regret choosing to not befriend me."

With that, Payton grabbed his backpack and before leaving spit on Micheal. Micheal had just about had it there and was about to throw a punch but Jeremy held him back and let Payton get away. He didn't want to get him in trouble, again.

The group gathered around the two of you and looked at the paper. They all gave you a sympathetic stare. The bell rang through your dazed mind and school began.

~

The school day had to of been your worst yet. All the kids were judging you or glaring, most whispered to their peers and friends, and some even dared to walk up to you and give you a piece of their mind.

It was only a matter of time till a teacher found this flyer and you were actually going to get in serious trouble!

You internally cursed Payton, but there was nothing you could do about it now. He had gotten the overall victory, played his cards better. All you could do now was take the consequences of your actions.

"Hey Y/N, just so you know I don't care whether or not you sell drugs! I'm just glad someone is nice to—"

"I don't sell drugs, Brian." The day had been such a blur you had almost forgotten it was sixth period and you were sitting next to Brian in chemistry. He had been a little quiet at first, given the situation, but ultimately he avoided the topic.

Until now.

"Oh. I guess it was dumb of me to believe a bunch of flyers. Sorry, Y/N." He apologized. It was sincere, but it didn't mean it hurt you any less. If Brian was so convinced, what did all these other people think of you?

The bell had finally rang and the school day was officially over. You were mentally and physically exhausted from all of this. You just wanted to go home. You said your goodbyes to Brian and quickly paced through the hallways to avoid any mean comments or physical objects being thrown your way.

"Yo, wait up!" Behind you, a familiar voice that belonged to Vinny seemed to have noticed you and joined your speed-walk in the hallways.

You had no idea why he was alone and without the guys, but you'd probably figure out anyway. This guy likes to talk.

"Hey, Vincent. Where's Michael and the guys?" You would still consider yourself a acquaintance to Vinny, therefore you didn't really feel comfortable saying his nickname.

"Most of them are in detention. Michael wanted me to find you so we could meet outside of the building. He couldn't do it himself because he had to stay after class for a minute."

"Why did he have to stay after class?" You looked quizzically upwards at Vincent, he was unnecessarily tall for his age.

He gave you a hysterical laugh, completely ignoring and implying he had no intention to answer your question. You wish you knew what was so funny about Michael staying after.

"Oh, man, they were talking about you~ and sweet, little Mikey just had to say something in defense. The teacher didn't like him being disruptive so she was going to lecture him after class." Vinny still continued to chuckle as he finished up. You actually did find it sweet that Michael stood up for you, and you were a little agitated he found it so funny!

"Okay, well—this lecture better not be more than twenty minutes because I have things I want to—"

You were unfortunately interrupted by a group of girls in the hallway. Vinny and you were so close to the main entrance but these girls had noticed your stupid little flyer, and apparently felt the need to comment about it at you.

"Holy shit. You're the crackhead who abused her ex, Payton!"

Vinny and you looked at each other knowing damn well this didn't happen.

"Yeah! I heard she beat him up because he refused her drugs."

"Then she left him for Michael—"

You had quite literally just punched this girl so hard she nearly completely blacked out and fell to the floor. The other two girls gasped dramatically and went down to help their friend. Vinny was shocked but you could tell he secretly was cheering you on.

A group of students gathered around the four of you, and you were ready. These comments had made you lose it, you were ready to beat the shit out of the next person to talk down on you.

And it seemed it would be these three, dumb girls.

They didn't even fight back really. They were scared to, they didn't want to get in trouble. The crowd was getting bigger with every passing second as you punched and shoved and kicked those girls around.

One of them, ginger-haired, was wobbling. She had tears in her eyes and her face was so swollen, you didn't even recognize her.

Thankfully, teachers couldn't witness this because it was after school, and they were either somewhere else, or in detention.

No one could stop you.

Vinny remained still as you four had a stare off. He seemed to be mouthing you to stop, that you were digging a deeper hole.

But you didn't care.

So you threw another punch.

And another.

And another.

And eventually Michael appeared and pulled you away whilst you sobbed. You fought, and screamed, cursed a few times.

The fight hadn't even been about Payton, you thought about your parents. Your uncaring mother, your absent father. Your poor quality of life, your poor life choices.

And suddenly you weren't even inside a building anymore.

"Y/N, what the fuck were you doing?! You're going to get expelled!" Michael yelled.

You just stared more.