Chapter 61: Impending Doom

You were still horrified from Afton's request. You had to choose between practical suicide and eternal suffering, or hurting innocent people.

'Springtrap' had asked you to bring him more children's souls. Now, you could either kill them yourself, or lead them to their death. Afton said he didn't have a preference.

Though, from the terrorizing look in his eyes, you could tell he would rather do it himself.

You didn't want to do this. You may have been a bad kid, but you were not a murderer. A child murderer at that. But you had no choice. Afton threatened your life and everyone you loved.

He was even willing to kill his daughter.

Outside of the pizzeria, you weren't even sure if you were back in reality yet. For all you know, you could still be in that dream state he put you in.

How could you distinguish what's real and what's not? You couldn't. Somehow, even though William is dead it felt worse than him alive.

Suddenly, you saw Michael and Henry exit the establishment. You immediately looked at them, hoping they could see you.

Michael ran over to you, surprised. "Y/N, what are you doing here?"

You looked away. Should you tell him? Springtrap could have magical senses now that he's half-dead. You didn't want to risk it.

"I was just making sure you guys were alright."

Henry chuckled. "We're great! This place will be great for spooking the kids."

You tried to resist glaring at Michael. His stupid idea was going to get you and many others killed. You wished you never followed him here.

"I'll meet up with you in a moment, Henry. I want to talk to Y/N quickly." Michael dishonestly smiled at Henry who had no clue in the world of the underlying tension. He simply nodded and walked over to the car.

"Michael—"

"I know you think this is a bad idea but I need you to listen." He interrupted, you scoffed and tried to hear him out. "Henry is really passionate about this, Y/N. He needs this. And we don't have a lot of money either. Without my father, we are slowly entering poverty."

You furrowed your brows. "There are other options! I could get multiple jobs, we could all find something! Do you really wanna work where your father's corpse is?!"

Michael looked away, he was still not used to the mention of his father. Not to mention, Chris had also lost his life in this building. But you didn't dare bring that up.

"I don't want to fight with you anymore. Can't we come to a compromise?"

You could feel the shivers in your spine as the spiritual world touched you. It was a dark, cold feeling. You knew you had to shut your mouth about your protests.

"...if you won't listen I can't stop you."

Michael looked defeated. You felt the pressure increase from your behind. It was like someone was trying to crush you. There was such a heavy weight on your back, you could barely stand. What the hell was going on?!

"Let me take you out for dinner tonight. I miss when we wouldn't argue."

You steamed at that. It wasn't your fault! You were just trying to protect the world! Michael was simply to naive to understand.

But you took a deep breath, and tried to let it go. It was clear whatever you had to do was going to be on your own. At least until Michael and Henry come to the realization themselves.

"Okay." You sighed.

Michael smiled a bit and softly grabbed your hand. You barely squeezed back but it was enough to keep him satisfied.

As he looked at you full of love and hope, all you felt was despair and doom.

___________________________

"Do you believe she will go through with it?"

Springtrap grunted. "Of course she will. Anyone would rather hurt strangers than people they love."

Charlie floated around him, feeling a mixture of intense emotions.

"What do you plan on doing with him?"

Afton haulted in his steps. That damn spirit always knew how to grind his gears. "Whatever I please. Leave me alone now."

Charlie barely acknowledged his statement, continuing to fly around his decaying body.

"Y'know, I can hear him. He's always shouting and crying. He just wants his pain to end. Why do you keep him? He wants to rest."

Afton clutched his fists, attempting to swat the spirit but to no avail. "Go away!"

Two more ghosts appeared before him. He grew more furious.

"Why do you keep him?"

"Why won't you leave him alone?"

"He was just a little boy..."

Enraged, Afton began clawing at the spirits, hitting, punching, slapping, he was full of rage but even that wasn't enough to keep them away.

"You still think you can hurt us?" Charlie giggled. "We are more powerful than you can imagine. We will make you regret killing us."

Springtrap screeched as he felt the suffering of a thousand suns.

"ENOUGH!!"

The children vanished into thin air. Afton continued huffing and attempting to calm down from the moment.

Solemnly, he walked over to the boy's room. He could feel his son's suffering as the screams got louder each step closer. He dared not to enter. He could not take such pain.

He waited outside the door, his robotic hand on the doorknob. His child was screaming for his end. Springtrap had to cover his ears to get rid of this feeling.

This feeling...what was this feeling?

He felt more hurt at each cry. What was this? Why was he feeling this? He never gave a damn about this child before his death. Why is his body reacting this way?

Afton was about to cry.