Chapter 53: When to Cease

A/N:
TW!! This chapter is going to be heavily gory and contain some scenes of abuse.

______________________________

Petrified, you and Michael couldn't believe your eyes.

There was so much blood.

"Michael, go find something for Lizz—"

You watched as Michael leapt up from his crouched position and whisked right to the other Freddy suit. You could see blood seeping from all directions, piles of dark goo on the floor. It was much worse than Elizabeth's case.

"Michael—"

"Please, just help me." Michael muttered. You knew this was a lost cause. Why were you getting up and helping him? Elizabeth could still be saved!

Not as quick and careful like last time, you and Michael took the suit off, piece by piece. As you unraveled what was under the suit, you decided it was best to just look down or away. Chris barely even looked human.

You could see Michael's hands shaking from the corner of your eye. You didn't dare look at his face. If he was crying, you would start crying too.

Chris' foot came off with the Freddy leg.

It's not like it mattered anyway. He was clearly...

You couldn't even say it.

Michael started sobbing as he heard the crackling of his foot tendons and ligaments being torn from his leg. You really didn't want to do this. Why were you still sitting here? Tearing him apart?

"Michael, we need to focus on what we still have..." You commented wistfully. He refused to look up from the mutilated body.

"If we don't help her, we'll lose them both!" You tried a little louder, hoping to spark some sort of life in him.

He looked devoid of anything. There was blood all over his hands, his clothes. It wasn't his. He hadn't moved an inch, tears were still falling down his face.

Knowing it would be pointless to try any further, you stood up and helped Elizabeth yourself. You caught a quick glimpse of Chris' body. It wasn't on purpose, you didn't want to see the damage. But you were nearly paralyzed as you saw his face, one of his eyeballs was out of his socket, drooping down to his jaw. Blood poured from eyes, and his skin was practically torn off. The spring locks shot right into his cheekbones, deforming his entire face. His mouth was swollen like a balloon, and his neck was so beaten you could see bone.

You resisted the urge to vomit. That wasn't even the whole body...

How could Michael look at that for so long? You couldn't even tell if it was Chris anymore.

You attempted to shield Michael, he was only traumatizing himself more. You grabbed him, trying to spin him away from Chris' body but he shoved you. "Don't touch me!"

You fell to the floor, landing a few feet away from Elizabeth. This was wasting so much time...

"Michael, please stop! Come help Elizabeth while she's still alive!"

You tried harder this time. Using all of your strength, you grabbed his abdomen and pulled him back, trying your best to turn him arou—

"Let go of me, asshole!" He elbowed you, it wasn't enough. "Elizabeth needs us!" You cried, struggling in this losing battle. Michael stood, as you were weakened from the elbow to the stomach, and grabbed both of your shoulders, then slammed you into a wall.