𝟷𝟶

The girls made small talk as they waited for Elijah to wake up, mostly because they didn't want the brothers downstairs hearing them. Elena explained that she told them we both went home.

"Do you want to hold onto the dagger?" Elena asked the old vampire.

She honestly thought about taking it to the hotel room quick the moment she pulled out it ensure the scooby gang wouldn't have access to it, not trusting them in the slightest with it. However, a light bulb went off in her head.

"You want Elijah to trust you, right?" She asked, turning to face the doppelgänger better.

"Well of course, we need him on our side. I regret even doing this to him in the first place," she muttered quietly.

"I think a good start to earning his trust is for you to give him the dagger," Aeliana suggested. "It shows that you don't have intentions on just getting information and then putting him back down."

"That's a good point, thank you, Ana. Wait, is it ok if I call you Ana?" Elena asked nervously.

"Yes, of course, Lena. I'm sorry for saying you weren't my friend. Just because I was hurt, it doesn't give me an excuse to be mean," she apologized.

"No, I should be apologizing. We went behind your back, I would've reacted the same way if that happened to me."

They heard a gasp next to them, disrupting they're little heart to heart. signaling that Elijah woke up.

"Elijah," they both signed in relief.

"Katerina!" He went to charge at her before Aeliana stepped in front of him.

"No my love, that's Elena, okay?"

"Oh my god," he closed his eyes. Aeliana went to put a comforting hand on his shoulder when suddenly his body began spasming. Shooting back up, he starting gasping for air. "I can't-I can't breathe! What's happening to me?" He rushed to the door but kept slamming into the wall.

"Oh my god, Elena! He wasn't invited in" Aeliana whisper yelled before grabbing him and vamp sped him out of the house.

Once outside, he tried to charge at Elena when she made her appearance at the door but was stopped at the threshold.

"Elijah, my love, look at me. It's okay, you're okay," his wife was reassuring him.

"What happened?"

Both of the girls motioned for him to be quiet, indicating that the brothers were upstairs.

"I'll tell you. Not here. Can I trust you?" She whispered to him.

"Can I trust you?" He whispered back.

She handed him the dagger, showing him that he can trust her. He put it in his jacket pocket before motioning for them to leave.