𝟷𝟷

New York City

Aeliana and Elijah have been in New York City for a few days, enjoying their time away from the Mystic Falls drama.

Rebekah kept true to her promise, calling everyday to fill her sister in on anything.

"You know, just say the word and I'll come back. The Scooby gang having white oak stakes doesn't sound too appealing." Aeliana spoke, sitting on the balcony of their penthouse, watching the sunrise. "They already killed Finn. I know he was a bore, but from what you said, he would've grew to truly embrace himself."

"At least Nik got the Bennett witch to unlink us. Anyways, you two have over 70 years of lost time you need to make up for. You guys stay put, I will tell you if you're presence is necessary."

"So far, it sounds like it is," the brunette kept insisting.

"Nik and I can handle it from here, dear sister."

"It's still crazy that the entire sire line dies along with the death of one of you," Aeliana shook her head.

"I know. Now they're trying to find out where they sired from. Supposedly, Elena and Damon are driving out to Denver as we speak to retrieve Jeremy to assist in talking to Rose to see who sired her. Kol is taking care of that though," Rebekah went on.

"Scary Mary," Aeliana chuckled. "Good luck with that one."

"Well, by the time Kol finishes with her, I don't think she'll be able to do much talking."

"Knowing Kol, he probably already ripped the poor girl's heart out."

"Definitely. Well, I must go. We finished directing for the decade dance, Matty Blue wants to give me a ride home," Rebekah trailed off.

"Ooh, get it Beks!"

"Oh hush, I'll call you tomorrow," she laughed and hung up.

Elijah shook his head at the girl's banter, holding back a smile.

Aeliana looked over at him, "Oh stop, you know you want to laugh. So tell me, what's on the agenda today?"

"Well, remember when I was supposed to take you to Top of the Rock after Germany?"

"Yes, I do. Lexi and I were going to go when we were here in '77, but it was closed."

"Well, later tonight that's where we'll be going. What would you like to do for now, my sweet?"

"Broadway?"

"Anything for you."